VILLIAN ($43000) - UTG + 1 call $5500
folded around to BB ($24000) call $3500
Flop: As 6h 8d
BB: checks
Hero: bets $10,000
Villain: All-in
BB: folds
Hero: ?

I had just sat down at the table a few hands earlier because of a table break, and I didn't have any reads. Should I be raising more pre-flop here considering the ante's?

Comments

• your raise size is fine

I call as well
  • Raise size is fine. With this flop, there is no way we can fold. TPTK with only 14BBs left. If they have you beat, it wasn't meant to be.

Plus, you can post the bad beat in another section. :)
  • I like how you played this as well, folding would be bad imo
  • Turns out that Villian had Ad6d for two pair, I didn't improve and I was out in approximately 28th. I had a massive chip lead prior to our table break when I took a bb with my KK against A9, and buddy rivered a 9 for three 9's. I would have been over 100k chipstack.

I have been running deep in Brantford, but I do find once the ante levels start it becomes a bit of a crap shoot, even when I have a decent chipstack (30-40bb's).

For those of you who have had some success in the Brantford tournaments, is there anything you can recommend when it comes to finishing strong?

The reason why I asked if my initial pre-flop raise was high enough is because how do I get guys like this to fold his A6 suited pre? Personally I would not be calling with his hand, but it seems like a lot of people do with Ax suited...

• The reason why I asked if my initial pre-flop raise was high enough is because how do I get guys like this to fold his A6 suited pre? Personally I would not be calling with his hand, but it seems like a lot of people do with Ax suited...

uh, when you have ak, you dont want to get a6 to fold.
  • lol, you should of had me at your table..i would of insta folded my rag ace to a UTG raise.. i dont like calling off my chips, id rather raise away my chips lol..ive gone deep recently in these tourneys..you just have to accept the fact that once the levels get to 500/1000, it becomes abit of a crap shoot....i tend to look to shove with 15 bb. because you might get called by marginal hands, especially if they are suited lol...
  • Really UTG maybe 6k, he calls anyway....these things happen more less your unlucky and thats poker....at BCC more often than not this is a good spot to get it in probably would have stakced off with QQ or JJ even AJ on this flop, he hit PFFT!
  • getem76 wrote: »
    Really UTG maybe 6k, he calls anyway....these things happen more less your unlucky and thats poker....at BCC more often than not this is a good spot to get it in probably would have stakced off with QQ or JJ even AJ on this flop, he hit PFFT!

maybe i play a diiferent type of poker, cause if i have qq or jj UTG+1 i three bet the initial raise, or even shove preflop...but even if i smoothcalled and was faced with a 10$ bet on the flop, im never shoving with an ace sitting there because im only gonna get a pair of aces to call.or a set of 6,s or 8,s....but thats just me...tight, nitty, and a rock..lol..