$230 Deepstack Dec 6

Heading out in a bit.

Signed up last minute.

Anyone else going?

Comments

• signed up yesterday...one of my kids is sick so I have to stay home with him...I lose $230.00 because they don't accept cancellations ...meh

GL
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Heading out in a bit.

Signed up last minute.

Anyone else going?

how did you do?..trip report?
  • marban wrote: »
    how did you do?..trip report?

Was nice to see some forumers out (and put faces to some names)
    DJ, Wetts, Mark_77 and dani (not a forumer I think)
    Also saw Billy and Donna (I think thats her name) from Buzzard's game.

Ran deep (out in 15th) of a full field of 80.

Player's are generally terrible, folding 6BB stacks.

One guy I had some fun with in #1 seat at my table was the most loose/passive player I've seen. Would call almost any raise pre, call most flops and fold to a double barrel on the turn. if I got any resistance from him I folded. He commented one time about me always betting and I think to myself "that's cause you are always folding". I was able to double barrel him of an AxxA board with JThh.

Never got much going early and by the time the antes hit I was nursing a 20BB stack. just kept stealing to stay alive. I lost a huge part of my stack to a calling station that called down w 87 with 4th pair. My bluff on the river failed. Wish I would have realized sooner how much of a station he was. :(

One thing that sucked was no 150/300 level, went 100/200 to 200/400 w ante.

And then there was poor DJ who could not catch a break.

I'm in the cutoff (8 handed) with 67cc and 12BB. I know the table will not call except for the tops of their ranges. DJ calls me with AT (iirc) flop is xx6, Turn is DJ's T and I call for 6 or 7 on river and get there. :D

My final hand I shipped A7s from mid position with 13BB, every one folds. The BB (who has me covered 2:1 easily) tanks for about a minute then calls a ATs. Guess I had a tighter image than I thought (thank God I did not have to show many hands). Flop OESD but don't get there.

Overall it was a good tourney (wetts loved it more than me :( ) and I am def going to try and play a few next year.

I'm in the cutoff (8 handed) with 67cc and 12BB. I know the table will not call except for the tops of their ranges. DJ calls me with AT (iirc) flop is xx6, Turn is DJ's T and I call for 6 or 7 on river and get there. :D

:D

dj got dj'ed
  • signed up yesterday...one of my kids is sick so I have to stay home with him...I lose $230.00 because they don't accept cancellations ...meh

GL

Haha. "you" were to my immediate left for the first 4-5 hours.

You outlasted over half the field, gg.
  • I am wondering how many of you I might have sat with, worse not knowing any of you LOL, I was somewhere around 47th I think.....My original table was SO tight it was painful, then got moved to somewhere everyone was just trying to get their chips in the pot, course I arrived short pfft LOL
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Haha. "you" were to my immediate left for the first 4-5 hours.

You outlasted over half the field, gg.

The power of the fold!

Hope you picked up my bb's along the way :)...congrats on your win!
  • I started at table 6 seat 5 iirc
    2 old guys in 1 and 10

I was wearing an old style Jays Batting Jersey.
    I started at table 6 seat 5 iirc
    3 old guys in 1, 5 and 10

I was wearing an old style Jays Batting Jersey.
    fyp.. ;)
  • ^^^

Still younger than you. :)
    ^^^

Still younger than you. :)

:D
  • One thing that sucked was no 150/300 level, went 100/200 to 200/400 w ante.

There is no 150/300 level on the schedule and it does suck. It's supposed to be:

100/200
    100/200/25
    200/400/25.

Did they skip the 100/200/25?

That would really really suck. Changes patience factor from 18.43 to 14.94.
  • What is the turn out like for Sunday tournaments?

Is it possible to get a seat by showing up on the day of the tournament?

Thanks
  • Tilter wrote: »
    What is the turn out like for Sunday tournaments?

Thanks

No not unless it is a 550 or a 1k. Preregister with your cc.
    What is the turn out like for Sunday tournaments?

Thanks

Sunday tournaments are usually a sell out at 100 players. I wouldn't take the chance of just showing up, they take credit cards over the phone. Just call the morning of the tourney to sign up with your CC.
  • i,m playing in this weeks tourney..100++....they changed the start time from 10 am to 11 am... fyi..i will be the old guy trying to fold his way to the final table and then finding a hand to shove with 12 bb...lol..
  • Thanks for the info guys! I haven't played a live tourney in a while, so want to get it out of the system :) GBH has a great structure, but don't have weekdays off.

How many chips do you start off with? Regular/Bounty/Deep Stack. 20 minute levels?
    Thanks for the info guys! I haven't played a live tourney in a while, so want to get it out of the system :) GBH has a great structure, but don't have weekdays off.

How many chips do you start off with? Regular/Bounty/Deep Stack. 20 minute levels?
    Go to the OLG(website), click on poker tournament calendar, then the tourney you desire, then click on the rules, structure, etc. and it will tell you. GL!