Deep Stack @ Brantford

Tournament is today at 10:00am

Buy in is $230, marking it up to $240.

Only selling 20% for this

5% - $12.00
10% - $24.00

Please ship on Stars to djgolfcan or EMT to devon.bestard@gmail.com

I'm leaving now, so the first 20% booked in this thread has it. I did win this tournament the last time I played. OK, it was a 4 way chop, but still.

Comments

• heading there in a bit.

5% swap?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    heading there in a bit.

5% swap?

Booked.
  • I"ll take 5% of you as well, pay on P* when I get back later today if that's okay
  • RunGood BAP $ sent...run deep!!
  • Well, I ran deep, just not deep enough. Tourney sold out at 80 players.

Being that its 30min blinds, there was no reason to take alot of risks for a long time. About 3 hours in, I called a shortish stack with 9-9 and held against his A-Q to put me at 50BBs with 40 players left.

Once it got down to 30 players, the average stack size was less than 20BBs. I could not believe how many 10BBs stacks were just hanging on and the 15BBs would raise preflop for 3x BB, then fold to a re-raise or would just get called by a similar size stack.

This worked to my advantage though, as I started shoving my stack over top of these raise/calls to add to my chip stack. the day came down to two all in flips, that had a won, would have given me the final table stack.

First was T-T < A-Q for half my stack. It still left me with 20BBs and a good reshove stack. Which I managed to keep at 60,000 with the blinds at 2k/4k 500 - Last hand of the night was UTG going all in for $59k and I call with A-Kos with $57k, he flips over 9-9 and I lose the race.

There is nothing I would change in the way I played. As disappointing as it is not to make the final table and cash, I can be satisfied with how I played. It was fun to play with other forum members at the same table for a while. Wetts and Hobbes were at the same table a few times. When I left, Wetts had a MASSIVE chip lead and was nitting it up to keep it for the final table. He had more than $240k, and there are only 1.2million chips in play.

Thanks for the BAP, wish I could have shipped this one. Ended up finishing 12th, two away from the final table.
  • nice run. too bad on the races.