New Web Site - Poker Invitations Never Looked So good

Tilt Central is up and away lads. A site that boasts the best in poker event management. Send out invitations, maintain guestlists and waiting lists for your home games.
Post community games and find games going on near by.

Invites have buttons to click, accept which confirms your seat or decline
which removes your name and automatically invites the next in line on the
waiting list.

As the host, you can see who's accepted and who's declined without having to
go through 200 emails. They look awesome too, and you don't get stuck with your mail treated like spam, because you have a CC list of 100 names.
This site sends them one at a time!

http://www.tiltcentral.com

I hope you get a chance to check it out, and start using it for you home game management. The Invitations are incredible - with built in mapquest directions and everything.

Oh - by the way, it's all free - no charge! No Ads and No fees.

Thanks

All-In

Comments

• All-in

Just went onto the site and registered and created a test tournament. I think this will be a great tool for people who organize tournaments, so far I thinks its great. I am going go be organizing one for this weekend and will use the site for the invitations. I just have a couple of comments/recomendations.

1. I would like to see the length of the event name increased. 25 characters is just not enough.

2. The subject in the invitation or any emails about an event should include the name of the event as well. ie. "Barrett Woods Hold'em Invitational Invitation" or something like that. With the volume of spam email I receive and I'm sure other people receive the same volume that if I saw an email with a subject of "Your Invited!" it will go straight in the trash without being opened.

Love it so far!

Thanks
    Stephen
  • Thanks for the kind words Stephen.

I'll take your suggestion for making the e-mail invitation's subject line more relevant. That's a good idea. Keep them coming...

As for the event name, I don't know if the solution is increasing the event name length.
    I think if you called your Event "Barrett Woods" and made your Series "Invitational # 1"

You'll see that the invitation reads
    Barrett Woods
    TEXAS HOLD'EM
    Invitational # 1

Let me know your thoughts on this suggestion.

Regards

I'm All-In
  • Stephen P wrote:
    A if I saw an email with a subject of "Your Invited!" it will go straight in the trash without being opened.

Also, if it is spelled like that, people might get the wrong idea (it should be you're not your)

I don't know if this is a typo by steven or by all-in, Just thought I would mention it.
  • heh - The site send's them out spelled correctly - You're Invited :)

I'm All-In
  • That's my mistake on the spelling. Thanks All-in, that will work for the event name.
  • Great idea!
  • Fantasic Idea. I'll give it a go with my next tournament and let you know how it turns out.
  • I too will be trying this for my next tourney...sounds like some very nice software.
  • Hey Stephen-

We've implemented your suggestion for the subject line of the invitations.

Your subject would now read.

Barrett Woods TEXAS HOLD'EM Invitational # 1

Thanks for the idea.

For the rest of you folks who are thinking of trying it out, why not do a test game and only invite yourself. That way you can see the guest experience and the dashboard tools for managing the responses.

One last thing - make sure you take a digital pic of the winner of your tournament with the trophy or cash and send it in to us to rotate on the front page!!!

Talk to you guys later.

I'm All-In
  • All-in

Here is another suggestion. I feel there needs to be a way to edit your guest list after you have setup your game and have sent out the invitations. I know that you can add new guests on the status page but if you need to edit their name or email address or even remove them from the game you can't. Maybe there should be an "Edit" button on the status page next to the "Add" button that will bring you to the "Choose Guest List" page when you are first creating the game.

Should I be posting these suggestions on the Tilt Central forum or is this forum Ok?

Thanks
    Stephen
  • Should I be posting these suggestions on the Tilt Central forum or is this forum Ok?

I think with these more direct suggestions regarding their software, posting on the Tilt Central forum itself, or even getting in touch with them directly by email, might be most effective.

ScottyZ
  • I agree ScottyZ,

To that end, we've created an aptly named forum called "Tilt Central Web Site"
    Topics include:
    Questions / Support / Suggestions / Feature Requests

We look forword to hearing any of the above there! - (that's over at the Tilt Cental site btw)

I'm All-In
  • For anyone interested, so far so good. I am not sure all of my regulars are reading their email - or if they are aware that the invites are actually me, but I have saved hours and hours not making spreadsheets so far.

All-in has agreed to make an offline copy of my RSVP list available to print for the actual game, but otherwise the thing works well.
  • Thanks to Yorkpoker and Stephen P and a few others from pokerforum.ca who've run some games, we've improved and re-engineered the engine underneath the covers of our site.

We've done a little consolidation and made a few changes based on the needs and requests of those of you who are hosting games.

1.) Games: Only two ways to host games now. Private and Public. If you choose private, then only you and your guests can see the game on your dashboard, and your game does not appear on the find a game page. If you choose public, then your game appears on the find a game page - and your game is included on the notifications that go out to our game list subscribers.

2.) Guest lists: Only two choices here too. Guest List Or VIP. The invitations will go to EVERYONE on your list. If you don't want someone to get an invite, then take them off your list. If you have a name on the guest list, they are subject to first come first serve seating, followed by a waiting list. (Yes if someone has a seat and then declines, the wait list members all move up one place in line, and the top person automatically gets sent a quick note telling them they're now off the wait list and on the guest list.) The other option is the VIP list. If you put a guest on the VIP list, their seat will be auto accepted - but you can choose for how many days they get this preferential treatment. Choose 100 days if you want to hold their seat indefinitely - or if you only want to hold it for the first week, choose 7 days. If they don't accept the invitation in 7 days, the seat will be released to the next in line person.

3.) Importing: For those of you who run large tournaments of several hundred people, we now have a cut and paste feature here. Simply click the bulk import button when creating your guest list and then you can cut and paste your list in from any spread sheet program.

4.) Exporting: Can't have one without the other, I suppose. Now from the status page you can export your list to Excel. This is handy if you want a nice print friendly document to take to your game for registration.

5.) Status: We added a few more bells and whistles to the status page. Ability to delete guests and increase seats.

6.) Odds and Ends: We've also done a few updates behind the scenes too. The preview button now sends you an actual sample invitation in the host a game page, as well as we've added full support for non-graphic based e-mail clients as well.

Thanks for your feedback, and I'll see you on Tilt Central - http://www.tiltcentral.com

I'm All-In
  • Features are continously being added...

We've just added a few more features, including the ability to send reminders. Now when you've got a long lead time until your event, you can shoot out a reminder to everyone the week of the event to put your game back on top of everyones mind.

Take Care...

I'm All-In
    http://www.tiltcentral.com
    Find A Game - Host A Game - Manage A Game
    Free Private and Public Poker Event Management