Going with reads.

Think this just played itself out especially at these stakes but whatever I wanted to post something.

Ok so last night Grey Cup party.. BBQ and then some cards afterwards.

25/50 cent blinds..max buy in of 20 (though sometimes thats pretty loose.) We are also playing 7-2

I've been busted twice but have worked my way up getting away with some nicely timed bluffs.

So it comes to me in EP.. I have Jack 7 of spades and raise it to 1.50..guy to my left calls and then hijack re-pops it to 10 bucks.

Now I've played with everyone at the table alot..I have a very good idea how they play... he is a very loose cash game player and really felt he was raising pretty light here....

I am thinking what is he doing raising to 10 it just seemed like a real fishy play (lol...fishy) and I really did think for a few seconds there he had 7-2 and just wanted to collect...so in those few seconds I raised to 25 >_>

He takes a few moments and calls... ok so he probably has something better than 7-2..but I still am not putting him on anything great at all.

I get a pretty great flop for my hand.... 8S-2S-3H.

I shove for remaining 28 or so.. he takes another few moments and calls.

Comments

• ugg.....spewy......
  • never calling a $10 reraise in a $2 pot with J7s. let him take it down with his 72 if he has it.
  • well, on the flop we're clearly putting in if that's the question :P
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    well, on the flop we're clearly putting in if that's the question :P

Agreed, as played we have no choice but to put the rest in and hope villain doesn't have like AKss....
  • op is not describing poker, that's just plain gambling...;)
  • Please tell me that you made a typo......25c/.50c max TWENTY DOLLAR BUY IN? That is not nearly enough.

If you are going to 4 bet half of your stack, you might as well jam all of it.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Please tell me that you made a typo......25c/.50c max TWENTY DOLLAR BUY IN? That is not nearly enough.

If you are going to 4 bet half of your stack, you might as well jam all of it.

Yeah that is the max =/ I don't like it but whatever... it's just with the players on the table alot of the time it isn't really poker

Anyways I know Spewy.. but I was right, he had crap and called with king 5 and I hit one of my 17ish outs lol..

i was just going to insta fold.