Poker table hole cams

I'm probably going to be building a poker table in the spring with hole cams.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with cameras. I've found some surveillance camera systems which include 8 cameras and the DVR to record all the video, but I likely need 10 hole cams, and 2 cameras which will be mounted on the table to record players. The cameras need to be able to focus on close objects as well as work with low light. Anyone know of any products which may suit my needs? TIA.

Comments

• someone on scottkeen must have done this already. for parts try dx.com or monoprice.com

rearview cameras on cars are small and work in low light.
  • What will you use table for?
  • surprisingly, nobody at skott keen has done it with the exception of Big Slik poker tables. I've asked them for some info already.

I'll try those websites, thanks.

The table will be used at a home poker league where they have monthly tournaments. games will then be editted and sent to players afterwards.
  • Yeah, we used a few of these tables...editing is a nightmare..lol (for newbies anyway) as well as the hand held outside cams were better. Not sure where these two tables ended up...but I was going to buy them at one point. Glad I wasn't so silly..lol
  • it looks like I may be veering away from cameras and going towards RFID technology instead. the thought of editting is daunting. 4 hour game with 10 players, plus the cameras to record the players, potentially 500 hours of video to edit per game... yikes.

dennis, just curious but how much were those tables selling for?
  • I was gonna buy em ridiculously cheap...and probably should have just because.. I think it was less than 1k per with everything...I don't have a doubt I could have gotten them both for 1k if I was there with cash in hand...

Not sure where they ended up or how much they ended up paying...

And yeah...editing is not cool.
  • One thing to think about...could you overlay all of the hole cams on one video feed? Basically lay them out around the edges of the screen? Then you could save just one video feed for all of the hole cams and they would all be synced in real-time. Still lots of work to edit the player footage and enter the hole cards, but at least you wouldn't have so many video files. Of course the reduced resolution of the hole card vids might make it harder to read the cards but you could do tests to figure out optimal sizing.

And/or just keep track of the most interesting hands and edit out all of the boring ones.
  • already had that in mind, there are security cam surveillance systems which will split the screen and show all feeds simultaneously.
  • There is a guy on 2+2 (iirc) who made an RFID table. The thread is in "Home Poker", I think.
  • yep, same system that i'm looking to go with if I go the RFID route.
  • Very cool idea! Interested to know cost / build time and looking forward to seeing the finished product