what's your top 5 favourite beers?

now i'm interested so please tell me some good beers to drink. if i'm motivated i may try to keep a running tally to see what the forum thinks is the best.

here's my top five that i currently drink (please keep the laughter to a minimum):
  1. keystone lager (i think they used to only make keystone light but they came out with a lager somewhat recently - definitely the one i drink the most)
  2. corona/brava (similar enough that i'm counting them as one. this is my summer beer only but over the summer i tend to drink a ton lol)
  3. rolling rock (just got into this one recently after i had one with my father but i'm definitely liking it)
  4. richard's red/alexander keith's red amber ale (i have to have a red beer in my top five for sure. i enjoy a change sometimes)
  5. KLB raspberry wheat ale (i enjoy wheat ales and this one is awesome. great flavour. i wouldn't want to drink it all night but a couple to start the night out is awesome)
so what are your top five? what good beers am i missing out on?

EDIT: fuck i forgot heineken. that has to be up there too.

Comments

• Stella - draft only. Bottle is diff taste
    MGD
    Mill Street Organic
    Budweiser
    singha - an Asian beer
  • Judging from the quality beer's listed above this must be a troll thread. Keeping the theme then:

Miller light
    Old Milwaukee
    Pabst Blue Ribbon
    Molson 67
    Blue

I highly recommend you try all of the above. Leaves the good beer for the rest of us.
  • moose wrote: »
    Judging from the quality beer's listed above this must be a troll thread. Keeping the theme then:

Miller light
    Old Milwaukee
    Pabst Blue Ribbon
    Molson 67
    Blue

I highly recommend you try all of the above. Leaves the good beer for the rest of us.

nooooooooo! good beeeeeeeeeeers!!!!!!
    you're list isn't included in the tally then lol.
  • Funny you posted this. I was planning on bumping this old thread today when I got home.

Should answer your questions.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f12/favourite-beers-5413/
  • I might be the one getting laughed at...but...

Odouls Amber
    Warsteiner (sp?)

That's it.
  • I lived in Calgary back in the early 90"s. Their was this pub I use to go to all the time called Buzzard's. It was known for the beers that it had. They had over 150 different beers on the menu. They also had this club called 88 beers in 30 days. Basically you had a punch card with all the beers listed on it. the beers were broken up into different catagories. Ales/lagers/Import/Domestic/high end/Low end, and so on. If you drank 88 beers in 30 days from all the different catagories you got your name put on a plaque on the wall and a jacket. Price of beers ranged from average price to some beers that were over $100 per bottle

Great way to get to experience all different types of beers
  • Framosa

Framosa

Framosa

Framosa

Framosa light.
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    I lived in Calgary back in the early 90"s. Their was this pub I use to go to all the time called Buzzard's. It was known for the beers that it had. They had over 150 different beers on the menu. They also had this club called 88 beers in 30 days. Basically you had a punch card with all the beers listed on it. the beers were broken up into different catagories. Ales/lagers/Import/Domestic/high end/Low end, and so on. If you drank 88 beers in 30 days from all the different catagories you got your name put on a plaque on the wall and a jacket. Price of beers ranged from average price to some beers that were over $100 per bottle

Great way to get to experience all different types of beers

First off, Buzzards? That's awesome! I'm sure our Buzzzard would approve.

Also, I was we had more places like this in Ontario. There are a few in TO, and I don't know of any in KW :(
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    First off, Buzzards? That's awesome! I'm sure our Buzzzard would approve.

Also, I was we had more places like this in Ontario. There are a few in TO, and I don't know of any in KW :(

EJ's in Baden has 15ish on tap.

Beertown in Cambridge and now Waterloo

One of my favourites is West 50 Pourhouse in Mississauga. Over 100 draughts on tap.
  • yeah keep seeing timex tweet about beertown... might have to try it out!
  • Beertown in Cambridge and now Waterloo

Well, this just made my friggin' day!
  • TheMill wrote: »
    Framosa

Framosa

Framosa

Framosa

Framosa light.

lol

Gallo - 1 at RateBeer

Arrogant Bastard Ale - 99 at RateBeer
  • Stiegl
    Stella
    Sapporo
    Hoegarden
    MGD

Prob missing something but off the top of my head
  • Mine were

Old Stock
    Wild Cat
    Labbat 50
    Big Bear
    Old English
  • Triumph Brewpub Oatmeal Stout. The bar is in Princeton, NJ, and was the location of my Nephew's rehearsal dinner the night before his wedding. That I can remember every ounce of goodness from the gallon jug that I drank, is all I need to know to make this my favourite beer.
  • lately ive been smashing corona's- idk why, as I consider my palette to be experienced as hell

dogfish 90 min IPA is the stone nuts as far as micro brewery stuff goes

alot of the time, I find micro/craft brewery beer to be garbage , both flavor wise and weight. They are always so heavy .. when I drink beer, I like to have the ability to be able to smash 20 of them in a sitting , without pinching a yesaty loaf the next day (literally). Anyone in the history of man kind ever drink 6 guinness and take a normal shit the next day? doubt it.

other classics:

yeungling lager is one of my all time favs

stella draught NOT in a bottle/can

red stripe (obv)

Tiger

kokanee out west pwns ontario

Ill literally drink any beer put in front of me, but its super frustrating to go to places for supper where they push rare, expensive, craft beers on you that simply aren't all that refreshing or tastey.. and they never really flow with your meal either.
  • Exhibit "A" in how NOT to troll a thread . . . way too obvious that you're just being a douche for the sake of being a douche. But, on to the substance of your drivel . . .

You are correct that the DFH90 is good, as is the Yeungling (though not as good as it is hyped to be, imo). If you prefer beer flavoured water to real beer that is your perogative.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Exhibit "A" in how NOT to troll a thread . . . way too obvious that you're just being a douche for the sake of being a douche. But, on to the substance of your drivel . . .

You are correct that the DFH90 is good, as is the Yeungling (though not as good as it is hyped to be, imo). If you prefer beer flavoured water to real beer that is your perogative.

how am i trolling? i stated my opinion on beeraments

also, I will admit that I dont care too much for the amber/darks that much, but I do enjoy them on occasion.

as I get older my palette keeps changing, so hopefully i can enjoy beer even more :)
  • costanza wrote: »
    how am i trolling? i stated my opinion on beeraments

Smashing about 20 of them in a sitting is not enjoying, it is binging.

also, I will admit that I dont care too much for the amber/darks that much, but I do enjoy them on occasion.

Why are most of the beers you mentioned akin to sex in a canoe? because they are fucking close to water.

as I get older my palette keeps changing, so hopefully i can enjoy beer even more :)

Maybe when you figure out what beer actually is . . . :o:D
  • So I like real beer - Beer with flavor going to keep it as commercial as possible as you guys wont know half of the beers I like.

1. Guinness (by a mile the best mass produced beer there is)
    2. ERDINGER
    3. Rouge Chocolate Stout
    4. Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout
    5. Kilkenny

Get in my belly
  • 1. Mill St- Cobblestone Stout
    2. NEUSTADT-10W30 BROWN ALE
    3. ChurchKey Brewery-Holy Smoke Scotch Ale
    4. Hockley Vally-Dark Ale
    5. Brick Brewery-Waterloo Dark <---My slummin' beer
  • Brick Brewery owns Waterloo Dark? I did not know that. Love the Hockley Dark as well . . .
  • so, aparently there are way too many beers and everyone likes completely different shit lol. guess there's no point in keeping a tally as everything will get one vote each.

i guess i'm not a true beer drinking as a cannot drink a guiness if my life depended on it.

a little off topic: there's a drink that my friends used to chug back in the day but i can't remember the name of it. curious if anyone has had it or knows what it's called. i'm pretty certain it's a glass of guiness and you drop a shot of bailey's into it. gotta chug it fast before it curdles :D
  • trigs wrote: »
    so, aparently there are way too many beers and everyone likes completely different shit lol. guess there's no point in keeping a tally as everything will get one vote each.

i guess i'm not a true beer drinking as a cannot drink a guiness if my life depended on it.

a little off topic: there's a drink that my friends used to chug back in the day but i can't remember the name of it. curious if anyone has had it or knows what it's called. i'm pretty certain it's a glass of guiness and you drop a shot of bailey's into it. gotta chug it fast before it curdles :D

It's an Irish car bomb, but there's apparently a more politically correct name for it these days. The shot is 1:1 Bailey's:Jameson.
  • I don't know why everyone is afraid of Guinness. Yes, it's a Stout, but it's the Coors Light of stouts. Mass produced, low alcohol content and very little actual flavour. (I will say that I've never tried a fresh pint of Guiness directly from the brewery in Ireland. Apparently it is much better)
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I don't know why everyone is afraid of Guinness. Yes, it's a Stout, but it's the Coors Light of stouts. Mass produced, low alcohol content and very little actual flavour. (I will say that I've never tried a fresh pint of Guiness directly from the brewery in Ireland. Apparently it is much better)

maybe i'm just racist against dark beers. something about them i just don't trust.
  • JohnnieH - Appears you like good beers but Ill have to take issue with you on the guinness. Calling guinness the coors of anything is awful ! you are right its better in Dublin but its still good here.
  • trigs wrote: »
    so, aparently there are way too many beers and everyone likes completely different shit lol. guess there's no point in keeping a tally as everything will get one vote each.

We call it a Dirty Irishman (and we use a straight shot of Baileys only...tastes like a creamy Dr, Pepper) where I drink them but it's actually a misnomer since there is another drink by the same name.
  • We call it a Dirty Irishman (and we use a straight shot of Baileys only...tastes like a creamy Dr, Pepper) where I drink them but it's actually a misnomer since there is another drink by the same name.

yeah that's what i thought (minus the name though - we called it an irish car bomb). i totally forgot that it tasted like dr. pepper (before it curdled anyway)
  • yavvy wrote: »
    JohnnieH - Appears you like good beers but Ill have to take issue with you on the guinness. Calling guinness the coors of anything is awful ! you are right its better in Dublin but its still good here.

I stand by what I said. It's a very poor representation of a stout. I still will have a pint every now and then, usually around St. Patrick's Day.

But yes, it is miles ahead of all the other mass produced toilet water that is out there.

One of the rules that I live by is 'Never trust a beer you can see through'