$150.00 Bounty Tournament OLG Brantford

Heading to this tomorrow (Thursday, Nov 22)...leaving town at 9:15 AM or so if anyone needs a ride.

10,000 starting stack
20 min. blind levels
$10,400 estimated prize pool

Comments

• since i'll be on xmas break i'm thinking about going to the $120 freezeout on dec. 27th.
  • Planning on playing the FO on Nov 29
  • trigs wrote: »
    since i'll be on xmas break i'm thinking about going to the $120 freezeout on dec. 27th.

After X-Mas, we are taking the kids to Niagara Falls for a few days...that means poker for me after everyone goes to bed...:)
    Hobbes wrote: »
    Planning on playing the FO on Nov 29

I'll likely be at the FO on the 29th too...do you get down to these often?
  • After X-Mas, we are taking the kids to Niagara Falls for a few days...that means poker for me after everyone goes to bed...:)

I'll likely be at the FO on the 29th too...do you get down to these often?

This will be my 1st one for the tournaments. Not many weekdays off for me that I have free time
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    This will be my 1st one for the tournaments. Not many weekdays off for me that I have free time

I have only met a few people from the forum, (moose and a few others way back when), I'll likely be wearing a Tampa Bay Buccaneers hat...feel free to introduce yourself when you are there!

Neil
  • i played 120 last sunday, knoked out 29...not much room for play when the blinds get high, average stack at 600/1200 was 19k,,and antes at 200...i work alot of sundays but when i get one off i like playing inthe 120,s,you just have to realize you have to get your feet wet early, you cant wait around..
  • Well, ran fairly deep again yesterday in the $120 FO in Brantford. Finished 13th out of 56 runners.

Why do a lot of OOP's feel compelled to call off their stacks with low pairs? I never see the sense in calling big raises with 33 or 44....at best they are racing for their tournament life. ??? Needless to say, I lost a few of these races, otherwise I would have had a very healthy stack.

In four trips I have finished:

13th/70 $120 FO

10th/70 $230 deepstack

24th/58 $150 Bounty

13th/55 $120 FO

I tend to ramp up the aggression factor as the tourney goes deeper in live formats, perhaps this is why Im not finishing better. Something I have to look at more closely...
  • calling all ins with 3,s or 4,s can be dangerous....however your post isnt clear...if you are deep stacked and your opponent is a loose player and raises big, [im not sure what big is to you]and you have position, set mining , with the implied odds that go with it can be profitable....but yes i wouldnt call my stack off with small pairs, but thats just me..a nit.. lol...