My Experiment

Okay, I started this a few weeks ago...Chugs' postings encouraged me to put this up.
I have been playing Sit and gos almost exclusively the last few weeks in massive quantities. I play four at a time and its quantity over quality.

I have this theory that the early play of 10$ sngs is so loose and brutal, it literally pumps equity into the remaining players. This dictates very tight play, and very aggressive at the bubble.

Here are my results so far:

1 17
2 8
3 9
4 13
5 9
6 13
7 9
8 2
9 4
10 5

Ive played a few games of 25 NL cash games to ease the boredom. Net result - up about 270 on the sit and gos, 100 on the NL cash and 150 or so on 0.5/1 limit. 500 or so total. not bad in a few weeks. I started this on Feb 15, so 2 weeks not a bad profit for me without too much risk. The variance is pretty killer, and you cant get caught up in short term results with this, because there are some real bad beats youre gonna take with this much play. Anyways Ill keep you posted. The hardest thing is staying so tight when it gets 5 handed or so.

Also, check out www.pokerprohecy.com. This is new and has user profiles for party poker....really interesting. may buy this.

Comments

• Phippo44 wrote:
    Also, check out www.pokerprohecy.com. This is new and has user profiles for party poker....really interesting. may buy this.

I figured something like this would eventually happen. They probably datamine tonnes of tables with pokertracker and then it would be trivial to make a site like this.
    You can easily accomplish this yourself with pokertracker. Just leave it open all the time on the max number of tables and autoimport the hands. Before you know it you could have a million hands at your level and have info on pretty much everyone you are sitting at the table with.
    Use Drivett's ruleset to then categorize the players. (or create your own custom rules). Drivett's seem to be well accepted as a good starting point though.

Oh, and nice results on the S&G's. Congrats.