I just watched one tough Canadian

If you only get to watch one ufc match this one was definitely up there. They hyped up this match and it lived up to the hype by far, there's a good chance I didn't blink once for the whole thing, just thought I'd share

Comments

• We're all that tough. ;)
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    We're all that tough, ;)

Well, we full sized ones are . . . :D
  • Milo wrote: »
    Well, we full sized ones are . . . :D

You're just a GMO'd Canadian. ;)
  • costanza wrote: »
    meh

Bet on condit, didn't you . . . doofus.
  • I dunno, that kick to his head was fucking brutal. I've practised martial arts for many years and I'll probably never understand how one mentally recovers from getting kicked in the head, knocked to the ground and absolutely destroyed once you get there. Not to mention the physical aspect of getting your guard up and fighting out of it

I feel like half the ufc referees would've ruled tko right there when he took one or two follow up shots on the ground before getting regaining his composure
  • GSP was throwing up kicks and trying to defend himself, after he went down. Thats what Condit was saying in the interview with Rogen after the fight.
    I was standing up the whole fight, it was definantly one of the best I've seen in a while.
  • didn't watch it. i think i'm the only one who didn't. not surprised though about that. was busy playing poker instead ;)

i remember watching ufc back when i was in grade school. now that was crazy. pretty much no rules (i think only rule was no eye gouging), no weight classes. you'd see sumo wrestler vs. kick boxer, for example, or mai thai vs kung fu. i think i liked it better when there were fighters experienced in a pure discipline facing off against someone of another discipline as opposed to the mixed martial arts now. nowadays, everyone learns the same stuff and fights the same way. i just don't find it as interesting.

i should say though that i am slightly biased about organized fighting. i don't see it as a sport per se. that's one of the main reasons why i hate hockey as it's pretty much organized fighting to a certain extent.
  • trigs wrote: »
    didn't watch it. i think i'm the only one who didn't. not surprised though about that.

Not the only one. :)

Not really my thing.