early in a turbo in the BB

blinds: 25/50
i'm in BB with approx. 1650
folded to villain on the button who has me covered with around 2500 - no reads so far as it's still pretty early

villain calls BB and SB folds. i look down at AdJd and make it 150. villain calls.

(pot is 325) flop comes 5xJx7d

i bet 50% pot (162.50). villain calls

(pot is 650) turn is 2d. i bet out 300. villain calls.

(pot is 1250 - i have just over 1000 behind) river is 9x

hero's play? villain's range? advice please.

Comments

• anybody?
    anybody?
    bueller?

EDIT: i guess i'll include my thinking through the hand.

preflop, usually i min raise but since i'm OOP and i feel like i do have the best hand (due to villain's preflop call) i raised 3xBB.

flop, i think i have the best hand still as i'm only worried about possible sets. i don't think villain is slow playing QQ+. i make a standard cbet.

turn, i have to think this is a blank for villain. also gives me added redraws to the nut flush. figured he called flop maybe with a weaker J. he'll probably still call a somewhat smallish turn bet with a weaker J too (KJ, QJ, maybe JT), not to mention it's building the pot for a possible flush card on the river.

river, again i see this as a blank for villain. i don't see him calling flop and turn chasing a gutshot all the way with T8. J9 is a possibility. maybe a flopped set, maybe a weaker J. maybe getting out of line with A7. thoughts?
  • I think like what you said king Jack. Q j.

I am betting flop and turn also but don't know about bet sizes and hope btp comes by. :)
  • pretty easy 3 barrel hand as played
  • philliivey wrote: »
    I think like what you said king Jack. Q j.

I am betting flop and turn also but don't know about bet sizes and hope btp comes by. :)

flop bet i'm fine with. turn bet i'm not so sure.
  • costanza wrote: »
    pretty easy 3 barrel hand as played

you would play it differently?
  • b/f here like 500.

villain has 86....
  • HammerDad wrote: »
    b/f here like 500.

villain has 86....

lol, no range? just soul read?
  • You want to build the pot with that turn so def bet there. I 3 barrell for sure.
  • fwiw, i did three barrell all in. villain called and flipped over 55. i just wanted to see if i had overplayed it. thanks.

EDIT: to be clear, villain held 55. his final hand was trip 5s.
  • trigs wrote: »
    lol, no range? just soul read?

Meh, well....I can't see many other hands villain could have here...aside from reading spoiler and, IMO, a badly played set.

Villains range here IMO is (I am not counting 22, as I don't see villain floating the flop often enough):

j9+ = 3 combos
    57 = 9 combos
    55 = 6 combos
    77 = 6 combos
    68 = 16 combos

40 combos with 68 being the only draw that gets there.

Reasonable ands we beat J10, JQ, JK = 24 combos (again discounting hands like 78 as they don't call a river bet unless they "put us on AK")

I don't have pokerstove at work, but we are going to be good here about 37.5% of the time. I guess if we add in hands like 88 and 1010, our equity increases, but I doubt villain calls the turn and probably doesn't call anything on the river.

The river I can see b/f a bit, or c/c a 1/2 pot bet. If we check and villain shoves river, I guess it would come down to reads and whether we were checking to induce or to fold to a big bet.
  • it's hard to discard 2nd pair type hands unless we're gonna check fold river, and I don't see that happening