Halloween 2012! Dammit!

Post spooky, creepy, scary stuff you witness personally in here for the evening. For Christ sake keep it original.

I think last year we even had a pumpkin carving contest! Didn't Moose win?

Wife just made me carve my first pumpkin. I don't think it'll be a winner. I'll post a few pics when it gets dark out.

Dammit Milo just created a similar thread.

Comments

• And I provided a video link . . . mods, can we merger the two threads?
  • i'll try to post gf's pumpkins later. she's pretty talented. this year she's doing three different michael myer's masks (from the halloween movies). she actually made her own costume too (from a pair of pants!). she was snow white from snow white and the hunstman.
  • Toronto Maple Leafs centre Tyler Bozak latest public figure to test Halloween taboos | NHL | Sports | National Post

Point, the FIRST: I am getting tired of this being referred to as "Blackface" . . . it isn't. At least, not in the traditional vaudevillean sense that originated the term.

Point, the SECOND: Since when was Michael Jackson Black?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Point, the SECOND: Since when was Michael Jackson Black?

The answer to that question can be found in the first episode of Black Dynamite. The truth is revealed.
  • HOLY CRAP !!! How was I not made aware of this craptacularly hilarious series before now?
  • Milo wrote: »
    HOLY CRAP !!! How was I not made aware of this craptacularly hilarious series before now?

I don't know. I mentioned it in the "Shows you never heard of" thread. Also check out the live action movie the series is based on.

Dyn-o-mite! Dyn-o-mite!
  • So, here's some pics of the decorating at the front of the house. It's all accompanied by some soundtrack my wife found somewhere that sounds like the basement of a sanitarium. That alone makes me think no kids are coming to the house and all the Reeses peanut butter cups are mine!

My fave, the ravens. Wife made these herself (blew up at least 5 of my jig saw blades) and they're staying where they are for good if I have anything to say about it.
    PA310409.jpg
    Lovely flag that my wife might want to keep up all year. She loves this thing.
    PA310411.jpg
    I call him Bert.
    PA310412.jpg
    Gargoyle is real concrete and weighs about 200lbs. My shoulder popped when I took it out of the van. Skull is some dollar store thing she picked up.
    PA310413.jpg
    My first attempt at carving a pumpkin. I think it looks good and stays lit in the wind.
    PA310414.jpg
    Halloween black wreath she made out of garbage bags.
    PA310415.jpg
  • here's our pumpkins this year.

from left to right, michael as a child, michael in the insane asylum, and michael's normal mask.