Thoughts on the broadcast

I liked not seeing the hole cards to see if i could put people on hands and why people were betting the way they were. Revealled hands confirmed this is not my strength.

Zero personality and drama/intrigue despite efforts to create it.." Salaburu is a blend between Hellmuth and Matasow"
This was a pretty tame showing and i dont know a single person who would watch this outside of poker players themselves. No entertainment value whatsoever.

(serious question- is there a no talk policy when a hand is in play?) or was it more mic's were turned down to avoid ' wardrobe malfunction of the mouth'

Comments

• Yeah seems like a very boring table.

Then again last years wasn't that great either
  • I disagree I watched every hand up till 1am and found it to be pretty entertaining next level poker. Antonios analysis was pretty amazing even when he was off. Other than the 2 old guys, and maybe some passive river play by Salaburu, this is what a wsop me ft should play like.
  • actyper wrote: »
    I disagree I watched every hand up till 1am and found it to be pretty entertaining next level poker. Antonios analysis was pretty amazing even when he was off. Other than the 2 old guys, and maybe some passive river play by Salaburu, this is what a wsop me ft should play like.

2nd this! I also thought that Antonios analysis was pretty impressive
  • Did anyone else's coverage on TSN2 cut out for about an hour and a half?

Station went totally dead on my TV.

And yes - it worked on other channels - it wasn't unplugged ;-p
  • I did enjoy his colour commentary as well. Listening to him dissect Gee's 'story' as not making sense in particular.
  • I enjoyed the broadcast for how long I watched . . . just a couple hours.
  • what time dos this restart tonight?
  • DennisG wrote: »
    what time dos this restart tonight?

I thought 9 p.m. est.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    I thought 9 p.m. est.

Yep, 9pm.
  • wooohooooo, Antonio back on commentary.
  • Over 9 hours playing 3 handed. Insane.
  • Agreed, but the table banter we get to listen in on makes it all worthwhile.

If they keep going like this, Balsiger might end up being the OLDEST Main Event Champion.
  • Prediction for next year:

Now that the Final 3 has lasted long enough to preempt Sports Centre in the morning, the Final 3 will be "relegated" to TSN2 next year. Especially since the commercials are very few and far between once it got past the 2nd hour.
  • I went to bed at 2 am and set the PVR to 6 am thinking that was plenty of coverage time hahaha.. NOPE.. darn!

well played but boring final table..
  • Finally crashed around 145. Get up around 845, check FB and see that the table is still going??? What the hell?! Go running into the living room, turn on the tv, I'm too late :(
  • I went to bed relatively early (midnight) and got up expecting to flip on my PVR to watch an hour or so more before work. When I got up though it was still on, and stacks were relatively similar to where they were when I retired! Caught the end, deleted the recordings of all of the stuff in the middle.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Finally crashed around 145. Get up around 845, check FB and see that the table is still going??? What the hell?! Go running into the living room, turn on the tv, I'm too late :(

Did the same thing but went to look at 7:30...wow still 3 handed! Saw it all play out by 9. Boy did TSN switch it off fast! Last hand was 2 min to 9..barely enough time for Merson to hold the bracelet in his hands and off!
  • ya TSN couldnt have been more trigger happy to flip it off haha. Sports center is knocking!