Options

Hurricane sandy

How is there not a thread?

Shits getting wild!!!

wug thoughts?

Comments

• It's rainy where I am.

Cold too... probably won't be outside much.

Mark

P.S. - Anyone drawing connections to mayan prophecy should probably kill themselves.

• lol i just got trolled hard lmao

wp nh
  • My nephew and his wife live in NYC. Apparently their old apartment building is flooded. Fortunately they live in mid-town now, near Central Park. Last word was that he and the wife were safe, dry and warm. No loss of power at noon today, but that may change. Just have to wait and see what the bitch brings to the table, but the south end of the island is a mess.
  • Pics of nephews wife?

:D
  • You're lucky you're in BC dickwad . . .

The crane collapse you might have heard about is approx. 10 minutes on foot from his place.
  • lol I know it's a serious situation

The one time I throw a jab at Milo it's at a natural disaster time :(

Best of luck to them staying safe (and dry)

glglglgl
  • Listening to the radio at work today I heard some bonehead from the US Department of Safety or something like that say "People are going to die during this storm!" with a very aggressive tone. Nice job guy. Why not just say something like "NAZI ZOMBIES ARE COMING! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" Shouldn't he be trying keep things at a slightly calming tone? The coverage of this thing is kind of overwhelming.

That being said, it's understandable it's news obviously. Just Christ, do we really need to shatter the nerves of the collective masses and send them into a fear based herd mentality?

All I can say is if this interrupts my viewing of the latest Walking Dead, then I'm really going to be pissed. Priorities are priorities.
  • I have never heard officials warning this many people in the manner in which they are being warned. Anyone that is in the path of this thing and doesn't take it seriously is just dumb and deserves to be taken out of the gene pool.

I understand that the comment made by that official was very blunt, but some people need to be hit over the head to listen.

Oh, and this better not affect my watching the WSOP final table tonight. :)
  • just to create a little discussion

i wonder if this is going to fuck up the election?

natural disaster this close to election makes me think the illuminati has something to do with this

yes, im hinting they can control mother earth

the timing is uncanny
  • Election is a week away . . . not a chance in hell that this affects the voting. They will call out the National Guard to make sure people get to the polling booth in the US of A.

On a brighter note. Got a PM on Facebook from my nephew. Lots of wind and rain, but he and the missus are high and dry in their apartment, playing the CNN drinking game. apparently every time the anchor says, "what are the winds like?" to an on-site reporter somewhere, you take a drink.

Winds are picking up here in Bramalea, too, already took down the unbrella, even though it was tied closed. A couple of the deck chairs were moved by the wind, but nothing too serious. Cleared the eaves, and the neighbours sewer grate, then swept the leaves away from the curb to boot.
  • Umm, change title please.

Downgraded from hurricane.
  • Wife's friend just told her that a tree branch just crushed their trampoline in two and completely severed a metal tube swing set across the span. This is getting interesting.
  • pics of gtfo :D

Stay safe
  • Got some damage in Mississauga... :D

Damage.jpg
  • Is the crushing of back yard toys not fore told in revelations!?!.. Its end of days type shit.
  • Nephew still has power, apparently . . . fortunately, the winerack was well stocked beforehand.

Subway is flooding in NYC, though . . .
  • The sandwich shop?
  • If it's south of 34th street, probably.
  • Foxrod wrote: »
    Got some damage in Mississauga... :D

Damage.jpg

Can you rebuild?
  • Foxrod wrote: »
    Got some damage in Mississauga... :D

Damage.jpg

Now that looks like something good old Michael Brown from FEMA could have handled.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Umm, change title please.

Downgraded from hurricane.

according to CNN this is SUPERSTORM SANDY! WOW!
  • Nephew and wife are fine on the Upper West Side. Sadly she has family in Breezy Point. Word is they were spared the fire but that salvage is pretty much academic, given what the storm surge did. Could be a total write-off. Fortunately, no reports of family losses beyond property.
  • Time-lapse of Sandy shot at 2 frames/minute