How wrong was this play?

Live tournament - Blinds 6/1200 no ante
UTG limps - this player limps constantly with crap, raises with marginal hands and crazy raises with big hands.
I am on the button with KQo, I know he has shit I have just over 14k he has 19k. I ponder a push or a raise. I go with the raise just in case the sb or bb get involved as they are solid and a re raise from them is a insta fold. I decide a decent raise in hopes to get the utg limper out so I bet 3600. He hums and haws for a while so he has now confirmed that he has shit. I put him on q10 j9 810.
The flop comes 7 5 2 rainbow. He checks and I shove.
He hums haws and calls 10k. He shows K7o and wins.

What do you all think?

Comments

• you have 11BB raising and considering folding is just bad. Just ship and grab what's there.

If the sb and bb are solid players (unless you mean tight as a nun's cunt) why would you even consider a fold to them as they should be shipping fairly light and with the money in the middle of folded back to you, you pretty much have to call anyways
  • Yeah I know I should have shoved.
  • yeah, 600 + 1200 + 1200 = 3000 already in the pot. So a 'raise' of 3600 is not much more than a pot sized bet. So I agree about shipping.
  • Shoving was the only play. If he calls your shove with crap and gets lucky, so be it. That's just bad luck.
  • If your reads are reliable, it doesn't matter what your cards are, just shove.