My Fun Times :)

As many of you know, I was training for several years to be a pro wrestler. While it didn't end up working out how I'd thought, it did provide me some different opportunities that I didn't quite expect. With that said, I present to you the first episode of Can-Am Rising: Strong Style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDqzaleee38

I'm not always the host (I believe I host 4 of the 7 episodes). It's posted every other Friday (next episode if Nov 2). However, I'm not only the sometime host, I'm the all the time play by play commentator.

I'm much happier with my hosting duties than my commentary stuff. The hosting gig is much more natural to me as it's all me being full of energy and goofy (not exactly a stretch, as many of the curling clan here will attest to). Hope you guys enjoy and keep watching the episodes!

Comments

• Very well produced and the commentating is very natural and smooth...now tell me which of the two speaking you are? At any rate, it's really good and easy to listen too. When did you put all this together?
  • jontm wrote: »
    Very well produced and the commentating is very natural and smooth...now tell me which of the two speaking you are? At any rate, it's really good and easy to listen too. When did you put all this together?

He is the one without the 'fro. :D
    Very well produced and the commentating is very natural and smooth...now tell me which of the two speaking you are? At any rate, it's really good and easy to listen too. When did you put all this together?

I'm the straight man (insert jokes here), the one doing the play by play. The storyteller is my good friend who did a fantastic job. My commentary needs some work, more emotion overall and getting up for big moves, but for a first time I'm happy with what we got. As the episodes progress, the commentary improves.

We filmed this about a month ago. Our show was Aug 24 and I believe we filmed this the last weekend of September.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    I'm the straight man (insert jokes here), the one doing the play by play. The storyteller is my good friend who did a fantastic job. My commentary needs some work, more emotion overall and getting up for big moves, but for a first time I'm happy with what we got. As the episodes progress, the commentary improves.

We filmed this about a month ago. Our show was Aug 24 and I believe we filmed this the last weekend of September.

I really didn't think either of your commentary needed any work, I hope to get that relaxed and engaging. You both look extremely comfortable in front of camera, body language flowed with what you were saying and the commentary was very clear and upbeat with the action.

cliffs, looks pro!
    I really didn't think either of your commentary needed any work, I hope to get that relaxed and engaging. You both look extremely comfortable in front of camera, body language flowed with what you were saying and the commentary was very clear and upbeat with the action.

cliffs, looks pro!

The actual in front of camera stuff came off really well. I felt my in match commentary came off a little forced at times. The tag match was such a good match that the commentary only needed to be passable to work :)

I appreciate the kind words from everyone. Hopefully it's entertaining and engaging.

SPOILER!!! We're looking at filming a spot for the next series airing after February's show where one of the guys smacks me in the face with a raw chicken :D
  • Here's episode 2! I will personally guarantee that you all laugh at the end of it :)

Can-Am Rising: StrongStyle Episode 2 - YouTube
  • Okay . . . I smiled. Do you use Pepsodent?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Okay . . . I smiled. Do you use Pepsodent?

Awesome! Best part about it was I had no idea he'd done that to us in post. Alpha and I are watching it last night (yeah, we get the link a night early; that's how we roll biatches). I take a swig of my tea, look at the screen, SPOILER the ping happens and I proceed to do a spit take... with one of my cats standing right in front of me. He was not impressed.