Not sure where to put this, but excited!

2»

Comments

• costanza wrote: »
    im interested as well. . .

One would assume that a modicum of poker knowledge/skill would be a prerequisite . . . not to mention being able to converse in a coherent fashion.
  • Milo wrote: »
    One would assume that a modicum of poker knowledge/skill would be a prerequisite . . . not to mention being able to converse in a coherent fashion.

• Fed = Mike The Mouth
  • i totally think you should have fed on as a co-host. he can be the 'what not to do' example.
  • lol when I saw this thread I was wondering how long it would take Fed the attention whore to show up

psssssst...I assume they want hosts that don't move couches for a living
  • Nice to see a few people interested and both have assets that could be fun. Please PM Zekday0 to get contact in place. Obviously DJ brings experience in both radio and a great knowledge of the game, While Costanza is down with all the cool kids these days.

Just at an appointment, but brb soon.
  • You can get a hold of me by clicking my SKYPE thing on my avatar area thing.

Best way, just remind me when you add me who you are and you are contacting me about Poker EH
  • i've often thought that i'd be interested in writing poker related articles. however, i don't think i'd be able to handle co-hosting in this capacity. 1) i speak very monotone, 2) i'm boring, 3) i tend to say inappropriate things a lot of the time.
  • trigs wrote: »
    i've often thought that i'd be interested in writing poker related articles. however, i don't think i'd be able to handle co-hosting in this capacity. 1) i speak very monotone, 2) i'm boring, 3) i tend to say inappropriate things a lot of the time.

3!
  • Not to derail but darb and fed together fwiw.

As long as we get to talk a little bit about our beloved Royal and its stories...

There are a few of us who could talk about that... :)
  • jontm wrote: »
    While Costanza is down with all the cool kids these days.

???
  • compuease wrote: »
    ???

yeah i didn't get that either. maybe he was just trying to be nice.
  • Sarcasmbomb
  • compuease wrote: »
    Not to derail but darb and fed together fwiw.

As long as we get to talk a little bit about our beloved Royal and its stories...

There are a few of us who could talk about that... :)

Im sorry who is 'we'?

And wtf is Royal... Lame.

#hammertime
  • I wouldn't mind being a guest co host every now and then. As long as schedule doesn't conflict
  • tooting my hornaments
  • We'd like to try having like 3 people on at once, see how it flows. I usually have most of the results and upcoming together, so not a lot of work for a co-host in that aspect. Having some PFC presence and tie in would be fun and I think benefit everyone.

We will also have some print support for the show for at least a few months.

Brb.
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind being a guest co host every now and then to whore sunglasses. As long as schedule doesn't conflict

:D
  • Lol Hobbes. All plugs aside, between OPT, Royal, York and even Blue Sharks there is always some regional news worth talking about. Prob a 1000 players in all 3 combined?
  • A few of you have listened to new format already, idea is to cover Live winners, upcoming and five figure online results in a fast recap, then have a featured guest.

Jason Lavallee is top 30 on Canadian All Time Money list and owns a Scoop title to boot. Funny and laid back, hope you check out what he had to say about chopping EPT Sanremo and the Quebec Contingent.

QuadJacks | PokerEH
  • Well Djgolfcan and Cerberus joined this week to help host, but haven't heard yet.

It was no holds bared, so will be interesting to see what he kept lol...

Gillian is a Canadian high stakes pro, fun back story to her start. She moved west to go pro :)

(might have been slightly tounge tied for this, so only pay attention to her)

Time to twitter tag.

QuadJacks | Poker EH! with host Jon Harnish and special guest Gillian Epp.
  • jontm wrote: »

Gillian is a Canadian high stakes pro, fun back story to her start. She moved west to go pro :)
    So many comments could be made here but don't want to derail a great thread... This is really good stuff Jon, keep it coming...

The entire thread I mean..;)
  • Just echoing everyone else here, congrats Jon. I enjoy listening to the podcast.

Cheers,

Dylan
  • Thanks all, work in progress and still trying to find my radio voice, but I think with DJs skills my noseyness and Cerberus' wit, we might just mash together something top notch!

(oh and the boss Zac keeping us walking only a fine line ;p)
  • Really enjoyed the podcast. Don't normally listen to them but having different people on co-hosting peaked my interest and I wasn't disappointed.
  • Really enjoyed the podcast. Don't normally listen to them but having different people on co-hosting peaked my interest and I wasn't disappointed.

If I may, Id love to know more about this, Jon and I work hard on these Canadian poker shows, and your feedback is important to us.

Are you just not a podcast guy? Do you listen to other podcasts? What would you like to see more of to keep your interest peaked, etc.

Thanks for the listen and we hope to keep you listening.
  • Zekday0 wrote: »
    If I may, Id love to know more about this, Jon and I work hard on these Canadian poker shows, and your feedback is important to us.

Are you just not a podcast guy? Do you listen to other podcasts? What would you like to see more of to keep your interest peaked, etc.

Thanks for the listen and we hope to keep you listening.

I think for me personally its a combination of not having enough time or just forgetting about them being on.

It has nothing to do with "bad content" etc. Sorta like the way I post on the board. When I have a chance I try to get involved. Sometimes I forget.

A possible content suggestion would be guests with trip reports of different live sessions, whether it be cash or tourney. Go into some detailed discussion of a few hands, types of players etc. Then maybe start a discussion about how a hand was played with a 2-3 person panel. Sorta like top chef, designer etc. Even have people write in with questions if they won't come on for the recording.
  • I think for me personally its a combination of not having enough time or just forgetting about them being on.

I understand this 100% Poker EH and all of our podcasts are available for download to your computer, also we are on iTunes. This way you can listen on your way to work, or while you are working out etc.

A possible content suggestion would be guests with trip reports of different live sessions, whether it be cash or tourney. Go into some detailed discussion of a few hands, types of players etc. Then maybe start a discussion about how a hand was played with a 2-3 person panel. Sorta like top chef, designer etc. Even have people write in with questions if they won't come on for the recording.

I really like this suggestion, there is so much we can do with it. What really sparked my interest is the hand discussion, we have a professional player on most weeks, and having a ask the pro segment with the guest would be fun!

This week we have on Casey “bigdogpckt5s” Jarzabek and for those that do not know of him he one of the founders of Tournament Poker Edge, has over $4.5 million winnings online. His main game is No Limit Holdem tournaments so I will open the floor for questions for Casey on this weeks podcast.

Keep the suggestions coming guys!
  • Yup d/ling podcasts onto itunes and will be listening them now on my way to work.

Glad you like my suggestion about the hand history. Maybe we could set up a thread in one of the sections dedicated to asking "did I butcher this hand" lol

Its great to see this expanding.
  • Steve is away on holidays and DJ has been busy #winning, but the show must go on!

This week we had Casey "bigdogpckt5s" on and talked UFC, NFL, Fallsview (scalping issue itt), Lock Poker, Bubble Protection annnnd Tournament Poker Edge. Check it out if you fancy!

QuadJacks | Poker EH! with host Jon Harnish and special guest Casey Jarzabek aka bigdogpckt5s