Went To We Day and it was awesome!

If you have kids, sooner or later this may come up. Was awesome! Got to go as parent volunteer after me and son did application and he was picked, luckily wife's work was a corporate sponser so she got her and daughter tickets.

Pretty inspiring for youth, mayor of Calgary, Premier of Alberta, CEOs of Keg, Subway, Royal Bank and Flames all spoke, Hedley, Lights, Shawn Desmond and a few other popular bands played.

Martin Sheen and Larry King both spoke, great quote from Mr. King "I never learned anything while I was talking". Highlight for me. One Drop had Cirque perform and they gave out 15,000 "Drops" that are somehow radio signaled to light up with music, made for some very cool visuals.

Was all filmed for CTV and Much Music, they say 5.4 million Canadians or about 1 in 6 will watch. Very impressive!

They are heading east, Manitoba next, really hope some of you and your kids take it in!

3 minute vid worth a watch to see some of the leaders who speak (changes city by city though); Dali Lama, Jane Goodall, Shaq and Magic are a few very notables.

We Day - The Movement of Our Time - YouTube

Comments

• Jon,

Im glad you enjoyed the show. My company is the official logistics sponsor and we worked very diligently with FTC to ensure everything went off. A great cause for sure, and more than just the kids leave inspired.

On to Winnipeg!
  • at least they can deliver something on time
  • My daughter was one of the chosen few in her Global Initiatives group at school who will be attending the Kitchener edition. She is very excited about it to say the least.
  • My daughter attended the Kitchener one 2 years ago, she loved it. She hopes to go again this year.
  • Cliffs notes b/c wtf u talking about.
  • Cliffs:

-What Milo said
    -at least 4 members have been involved through children or work
    -YouTube video in OP make cliffs easy

[ ] poker chips ITT
  • i had no idea what we day was either. i blame it on the fact that i don't have children (and then i take a big sigh and thank my lucky stars! - no offense to all the parents out there)
  • Either did I trigs, just thought the startled WTF cliffs please was a buzz kill.
  • jontm wrote: »
    Either did I trigs, just thought the startled WTF cliffs please was a buzz kill.

Huh, what did I do?:D
  • meh if you can't be bothered to explain it then not worth the time.
  • moose wrote: »
    meh if you can't be bothered to explain it then not worth the time.

can you please articulate it by somehow using poker chips so moose can understand?
  • I will give it a shot:

Imagine if a large group of new, nearly mint Aria poker chips got an opportunity to see a group of older, more experienced chips from the Flamingo speak about the hazards of life on the poker table. Those newer chips might gain a new perspective on life as a chip and avoid life hazards such as bad riffles, pot splashing, and the dreaded "dropped on the floor and rolled under the table"

And imagine this all happening in a large arena or hall with fancy lights and music and exciting production values.
  • . . . and somewhere in the darkness, a light goes on.

preferably a T8 bulb . . . you know, for the environment. Mustn't use more than our share of Mother Earth's resources.
  • I'm glad you were impressed by the new Wii. Being there for product launch day must have been awesome.

It would be more useful if you could post a full review though.
  • moose wrote: »
    I'm glad you were impressed by the new Wii. Being there for product launch day must have been awesome.

It would be more useful if you could post a full review though.

In an effort to up the poker theme of the non poker related video in OP, had Rich Muny of the Poker Players Alliance tweet it for you. All out of tricks though. @Q13FOX announced they are bringing it to USA and Seattle for first time too.

That's right below below the River Rock poker chips, but above the Aria chips in the awesome translation in Moosenese