PFC Group Lotto (Oct 19)

This is the PFC group lottery for Saturday October 19, 2012.

RULES:
- post a valid ticket for this draw date and you are now included as one of the group
- ticket must be posted BEFORE draw time.
- all decent winnings shall be split evenly amongst players that posted a ticket
- any small winnings should be cashed in for other tickets and posted back in this thread. No one else may join the group for that new ticket(s). That ticket(s) belongs to the same group the money originally came from
- if you play encore, it is assumed by everyone that any monies won from that is the sole property of the ticket purchaser unless stated otherwise.
- posting numbers only is not acceptable.
- If we win the top prize outright, $25,000 will be automatically skimmed off the top and put towards a PFC Pokerstars home game. A $25,000 GTD freeroll smiley.gif

Who's in?

Comments

• In. You guys have turned me into a lotto addict. I am such an idiot.

PA190403.jpg
  • My wife just told me she picked up a ticket for the draw tonight.

Hope its not too late.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    My wife just told me she picked up a ticket for the draw tonight.

Hope its not too late.

One of the original rules was that the ticket had to be posted before the draw time to prevent people checking these threads, seeing a 50 million dollar winning ticket and posting their own "loser" after the draw to be a part. The rule seems to have been omited from the top posting here. Glad it came up. Will ammend for future pools
  • In

Ah...um I'm confused. Me thinks this was a lotto max thread, not so much 649. Guess the means I'm OUT!
  • Oops. Mud had the date wrong and put Saturday, October 19 in the first post of the thread. I did the same thing earlier this week. Friday, the 19th would have been the Lottomax. Saturday, today would have the 20th, thus the 649.
  • ummm, maybe that's enough of the lotto groups hahahaha
  • nay bob for for the finish of the lotto threads, just a matter of time and odds. Will win given enough time. Gonna guess lack of entries due to the royal, next week is always a new day.
  • TheMill wrote: »
    nay bob for for the finish of the lotto threads, just a matter of time and odds. Will win given enough time. Gonna guess lack of entries due to the royal, next week is always a new day.

was just thinking of the confusion. Wrong dates, tickets posted after draw time, multiple threads etc
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    was just thinking of the confusion. Wrong dates, tickets posted after draw time, multiple threads etc

As I said in an earlier lotto thread "This has those lawsuits you read about after the big group win written all over it...lol"
  • I think perhaps if we agree on one person who volunteers to do the notification thread for each draw it would be easier to coordinate. Once you get into the rhythm of it, mistakes would be less likely.

Doesn't OLG or whoever have a downloadable file for groups who get into things like this? I know they had one in BC when I lived there. Everyone involved has to sign it and agree to the rules.

Anyhoo, just a thought. It's kind of fun doing it this way and I'd hate to see this die because of suspicion of potential shenanigans.
  • I like the idea of a lotto group, but we need to streamline it a little bit. I think we should play only 1 game a week (maybe 2 if everyone agrees) and have one person purchase all the tickets. Funds from other players could be made via P* or EMT on a monthly basis. I volunteer to do this, if need be. The 'host' of the group could post that weeks ticket to prove that we are in.

I think that way there won't be anymore confusion over dates and that week's entrants.

Thoughts?
  • Great minds think alike?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I like the idea of a lotto group, but we need to streamline it a little bit. I think we should play only 1 game a week (maybe 2 if everyone agrees) and have one person purchase all the tickets. Funds from other players could be made via P* or EMT on a monthly basis. I volunteer to do this, if need be. The 'host' of the group could post that weeks ticket to prove that we are in.

I think that way there won't be anymore confusion over dates and that week's entrants.

Thoughts?

The reason I like the picture of the ticket from everyone is it would eliminate the potential of problems if we win. No ticket picture, you didn't play.

If one person buys the tickets, then someone can say, well I sent him my money but he must have forgotten to write it down.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    The reason I like the picture of the ticket from everyone is it would eliminate the potential of problems if we win. No ticket picture, you didn't play.

If one person buys the tickets, then someone can say, well I sent him my money but he must have forgotten to write it down.

But there will be a record of payment. Participants will pay in advance for that month, right? If they don't pay, they are out of that months draws.
  • On top of this, we could restrict this to trustworthy forum members, who are known to have a record of transactions in the past without issues of credibility.
  • Johnnie has a good idea IMO, open it up at the beginning of the month(or what ever time frame we decide on) If you don't make the registration you're not in. Simple shit, you no pay, you no play.

MY 2 cents

649 over lotto max.
  • Still waiting for input from Mudguts and Hobbes.
  • A one man operation posting the official thread, collecting the money and purchasing tickets for the month sound good to me. Less confusion and less threads or sure. The lotto is next to impossible to win so I vote we also go for the maximum value and that's generally the lottomax
  • my ticket for this draw won $20. nailed #'s 2-15-41 + bonus. Will buy a new ticket for tomorrow and post.
  • You may like me now but you're gonna love me tomorrow!

Here's tonight's $50,000,000.00 ticket
    Attachment not found.