Milton Poker Tournament - Nov. 3 2012

Hello all Poker lovers!

The Milton Winterhawks Tyke A hockey team invites you to their Texas Hold 'em poker tournament on November 3, 2012 at Thompson Memorial Arena.

$40 Buy-In

-Professionally run tournament
-Everyone at the final table gets something
-Cash Bar
-Music
-Snacks
-Non players welcome - $10

Registration - 6:00 PM
Tournament Start - 7:00 PM

Contact Keith at keith.courville@colliers.com or 416-918-0387 for tickets or more information

Comments

• If weather still good, Golf is still an option.

Milton Slim
  • My bad.

Registration starts at 6:00. Tournament start-time is 7:00.

Updated the original post.
  • Can you tell us how much goes to the team and how much to the prize pool? ie % to each?
  • And are there any re-buys or straight freeze out?

Milton Slim
  • Great questions. I will confirm with our organizer and post the answers ASAP.

Thanks.
  • Hey everyone. Just letting you know I haven't forgotten about you. We have a meeting tonight to finalize the details of the tournament. Hopefully, I will have all of your questions answered by tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your patience.
  • Ok guys, here's some more details:

Unlimited Re-buys for the first hour of play - $40
    Top-ups allowed for first hour - $20

First Prize - $750
    Last 8 at the final table win something. 2nd prize will be minimum of $450.
    Eighth Place will get their $40 registration back.

(There is no set rake for the team).

There will be a $10 raffle for a 9th spot at the final table. The winner of the raffle will receive the average of the chips held by the players at the table. If the raffle winner has already secured a spot at the final table, they will receive the chips as a top-up.

There will also be door prizes, silent auctions, booze raffles, etc.

Pizza will be provided. Snacks throughout the night.

Please let me know if you're coming and I can arrange to get you a ticket. If you plan on buying at the door, try and let me know ahead of time so we can get an idea of numbers. If you do buy at the door, PLEASE LET THE REGISTRATION DESK KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT IT FROM KEITH ON POKER FORUM.

Many thanks. Look forward to seeing you there! Feel free to ask anymore questions or email me at keith.courville@colliers.com
  • More details:

Starting stack is 4,000
    Blinds are 25/50, increasing every 15 minutes.
    No Limit

Mayne Street Poker is running the tournament.
  • I have confirmed for this, anyone else want to tag along?
  • jbird8306 wrote: »
    I have confirmed for this, anyone else want to tag along?

Trying to free up that day even more now!

Milton Slim
  • Awesome! Keep 'em coming!!!
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    Trying to free up that day even more now!

Milton Slim

When I return to the hill next Thursday my only objective is to take you out! Mr. Sarcastic!
  • jbird8306 wrote: »
    When I return to the hill next Thursday my only objective is to take you out! Mr. Sarcastic!

See you on the Hill!

Milton Sarcastic!
  • Hi all...I'm told we have between 80-90 confirmed so far and lots of maybes. So it's looking like a good tournament. We are looking to get 100+. Let me know if you wanna come. Tix available at the door.

Thanks,
  • Only 2 days to go!!! Anybody else in?
  • Thanks to everyone who expressed interest and especially those who came out! The event was a huge success overall.

Thanks again!
  • curiosity, how many did you get out? and where did you hold it?
  • We had a total of 106 players. It was at Lions Hall, above Thompson Memorial Arena.

I'm told the 1st and 2nd place players even donated $100 each from their winnings back to the team!
  • If you missed it...I believe another Winterhawks team is holding one this Saturday, same place. I can get you that team's contact info anyone is interested.
  • KeithC wrote: »
    We had a total of 106 players. It was at Lions Hall, above Thompson Memorial Arena.

I'm told the 1st and 2nd place players even donated $100 each from their winnings back to the team!

Finished in 7th,
    Donated to all draws and bought an auction item, couldn't get another because they closed the bidding while I was in a hand!

Milton Slim
    Finished in 7th,
    Donated to all draws and bought an auction item, couldn't get another because they closed the bidding while I was in a hand!

Milton Slim

Nicely done Dave, Rocks forever!
  • compuease wrote: »
    Nicely done Dave, Rocks forever!

get your rest
    you have BAP's to worry about!!!!

Good Luck

Milton Slim
    Finished in 7th,

Milton Slim

Excellent! Thanks for the support.

I myself was knocked out relatively early on a hand that by percentages I should have won by a long shot! Oh well....