Nice Table F/S Kijiji

Seen this in my local area kijiji. Not my ad but perhaps someone is in the market If I had the dough I would pull the trigger on it. :D:)

REDUCED!! Professional Poker Table - 10 person - Kitchener / Waterloo Furniture For Sale - Kijiji Kitchener / Waterloo Canada.

Comments

• It's nice, but I doubt anyone will drop almost $4K for it.
  • Only $1500 per use. Good value.
  • Looks the same as any table made from plywood that you can get for $300-500. Some of the builders on here like TonyChanman and Tommyglammer make better looking tables IMO. The guy is obviously trying to rip people off or he got ripped himself when he bought the thing. Do not spend $4k on a table like this.
  • If he paid 6k usd plus shipping I guess he missed this ad...

The Rockwell - High end furniture poker table with dining top options - BBO Poker Tables

I think the chairs and extra table top conversion are what drive the price higher.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Looks the same as any table made from plywood that you can get for $300-500. Some of the builders on here like TonyChanman and Tommyglammer make better looking tables IMO. The guy is obviously trying to rip people off or he got ripped himself when he bought the thing. Do not spend $4k on a table like this.

If you have a guy that can replicate that table (and chairs) out of plywood then that's some pretty serious magic tools he's got. I'd lovè to see someone make plywood look like mahogany - you could sell tickets to that show!

The guy obviously overpaid for it, or only paid the 4k and wants to get back most of his money. Either way, the price is too high for gently used but would be a good buy for $3k IMO.
  • That isn't quite what I said though. I said that it doesn't look any different than a table made from plywood that can be had for $500 or so. With high quality plywood you can make the racetrack look like a decent quality wood with some stain and varnish.

Example of plywood table:
    2e4g0li.jpg
    Mark Junell

Maybe the table in the OP is mahogany as you state, and therefore would be worth the asking price. In that case I was wrong to say the guy got ripped off. I just meant that a normal Joe who is not rich can get a table that looks like that for far less.
  • I can tell you that it is a generic table made in china. I've seen that exact design everywhere. I'm not saying it's a poorly made table.

The bulk of the price is probably the chairs and topper actually. I've seen that table sell for around $1500-$2000, plus another $1500 for the dining topper, plus the cost of the chairs, which could be about $100 each. To be fair to the seller, I don't think he's trying to rip anyone off.
    If you have a guy that can replicate that table (and chairs) out of plywood then that's some pretty serious magic tools he's got. I'd lovè to see someone make plywood look like mahogany - you could sell tickets to that show!

That table isn't solid mahogany, if anything it's mahogany plywood, but more likely it's just birch/maple plywood which is stained mahogany. Any decent builder could build a table like that out of plywood no problem.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    That isn't quite what I said though. I said that it doesn't look any different than a table made from plywood that can be had for $500 or so. With high quality plywood you can make the racetrack look like a decent quality wood with some stain and varnish.

Example of plywood table:
    2e4g0li.jpg
    Mark Junell

Maybe the table in the OP is mahogany as you state, and therefore would be worth the asking price. In that case I was wrong to say the guy got ripped off. I just meant that a normal Joe who is not rich can get a table that looks like that for far less.

Fair enough - your post read like you meant the whole table, not just the table top. To be fair tho, your table and the OP's table are 2 completely different products.
  • I can tell you that it is a generic table made in china. I've seen that exact design everywhere. I'm not saying it's a poorly made table.

The bulk of the price is probably the chairs and topper actually. I've seen that table sell for around $1500-$2000, plus another $1500 for the dining topper, plus the cost of the chairs, which could be about $100 each. To be fair to the seller, I don't think he's trying to rip anyone off.

That table isn't solid mahogany, if anything it's mahogany plywood, but more likely it's just birch/maple plywood which is stained mahogany. Any decent builder could build a table like that out of plywood no problem.

Me neither, a new one like that is $4k, so he's not too far off. I was just saying his price is too close to current retail on a new one. What he paid originally no longer matters unless his table IS much better quality than what I looked at.

I will defer to your expertise on the replication since it's what you do, but I can't imagine it could be done for $500, as was suggested by kwsteve, unless you're only talking about the playing surface as well.
  • A table like that could be built for $500 depending on the quality of materials used, but that's for the top of the table only. The pedestals up the price quite a bit, and the table topper, and the chairs.

While I don't think the seller is trying to rip anyone off, he paid too much in the first place for that type of table, and is trying to resell it for a lot for a used table. I agree with kwsteve that a better table can be purchased for less. That table isn't even as good as the BBO table linked earlier (there are some differences). Though as a complete package, table, topper & chairs, it's not a super unreasonable price IMO.