Options

Guelph Poker Tournament

I was looking at setting up a Poker tournament in Guelph. I am trying to find out what kind of interest is out there for this. What amount of buy in would be appropriate Etc etc.

Let me know

Comments

• I may be interested, though I usually play lower limits..

I can probably wrangle a few others also.

Mark
  • Depending on the day and time, I might be able to make my way back to Guelph too. Let me know what the buyin, limits, etc. are and the dates and times.
  • I am trying to get a feel of what people want. Limit suggestions help alot. I usually play between 20 and 50 freezeouts but it has been strictly 12 ppl max thus far. Is ther interest in a Multi table $40-$50 tpurney plus whatever expenses there may be?
  • PUNKYMISHA wrote:
    I am trying to get a feel of what people want. Limit suggestions help alot. I usually play between 20 and 50 freezeouts but it has been strictly 12 ppl max thus far. Is ther interest in a Multi table $40-$50 tpurney plus whatever expenses there may be?
    I would be interested in that.
  • As a general rule, I think there is always interest in a multi table tournament. I would be willing to go to Guelph for a game, just as long as the prizes were worth the trip.

I would also be careful on the expenses aspect of the tournament. In the past it has caused some heated debates. I am not commenting one way or the other about them, just be warned.

I like to see anywhere from $20 - $100 NL tournaments. I am a fan of freezeouts but I understand why others like re-buys and such. Look around the site at other structures and see which ones are popular. That should help.
  • PUNKY:

You might want to PM 'Yorkpoker'. He wants someone in Guelph to set up and run tournaments for/in conjunction with him, I believe. I don't know the details, again, best to PM him if you're interested.
  • I'd be interested...I like freeze-outs, anywhere between 50 and 200.
  • I know that West Side Poker Club has booked a hall in Guelph for March 26th. All the details will be posted next week. (When I get back from my golf trip). I should point out that the cost is 50.00 plus 10.00. Open to everyone.

Brent
    West Side Poker Club
  • I live in Guelph and would be interested in playing. Freeze outs between $25 and $100 ideal, but open to other formats. Look forward to hearing more!
  • Guelph is definitely worth the trip for a tourney such as this. $50 to $200 would spark lots of interest from me and a flock of others from the Kitchener and Cambridge area. Keep us posted and I can help spread the word.

Thanks
  • There's a tourney on Saturday the 26th of February at 1:00 (please arrive to register before 12:30) at the Knights of Columbus. $50 plus 10. This is their second tourney, Super Bowl Sunday was the first, and it went all right. They are planning to run about one a month at the hall.
  • bazz wrote:
    There's a tourney on Saturday the 26th of February at 1:00 (please arrive to register before 12:30) at the Knights of Columbus. $50 plus 10. This is their second tourney, Super Bowl Sunday was the first, and it went all right. They are planning to run about one a month at the hall.

How many peopler showed up for the one on Super Bowl Sunday? How was this tourney run and is there anything that you would suggest deifferently. How was the blind stucture/ competition/ prize pool etc.
  • There were 32 players yesterday...top 5 were paid...there were a few glitches, but overall I would say it was fairly well run...that being said, the guy running it is a pal of mine, so perhaps I'm not being objective...I finished 9th, so was out of the money. He is planning to run one a month I think. Superbowl had 34 entries I think. Hopefully there will be more players as the word spreads, I know there was a fundraiser for a baseball team being run at the same time at the Ukranian hall, so that may have cut into the number of entrants.
  • Bazz,

I missed it got up for a break and came back and you were gone.

What happened?

Redington/Tyson
  • bazz wrote:
    There were 32 players yesterday...top 5 were paid...there were a few glitches, but overall I would say it was fairly well run...that being said, the guy running it is a pal of mine, so perhaps I'm not being objective...I finished 9th, so was out of the money. He is planning to run one a month I think. Superbowl had 34 entries I think. Hopefully there will be more players as the word spreads, I know there was a fundraiser for a baseball team being run at the same time at the Ukranian hall, so that may have cut into the number of entrants.

BTW, this was a greatly run tourny. Lots of room (there is room for 200 players if needed), good dealers and the sandwiches were awesome. Everyone came to win and the talk got heated once or twice, but I have to say it all went smoothly.

It was a long tourney at 9 hours for 32 people, but that just showed me how much I really got to get in shape. I was mentally tired at the final table.

I do have to say there was no intimidation or bs, and everyone truly has a chance to win at this one.

Hope to see the next one at over 100 players.

March 26 is when I think he is planning it. Im sure Bazz will post all the details on it. I know I am going to be there.

Redington
  • I missed it got up for a break and came back and you were gone.

What happened?

I was about second or third lowest stack at the final table and made a fatal error. I pushed fishhooks way too hard under the gun into the chip leader's pocket aces. In retrospect, a small raise would have allowed me to release to the reraise, instead of going all-in and getting slaughtered. I did wind up with a ten outer on the river, as 8-9-10 had come up, but there was no joy in Bazzieville. How did you wind up, Tyson?
  • bazz wrote:
    I missed it got up for a break and came back and you were gone.

What happened?

I was about second or third lowest stack at the final table and made a fatal error. I pushed fishhooks way too hard under the gun into the chip leader's pocket aces. In retrospect, a small raise would have allowed me to release to the reraise, instead of going all-in and getting slaughtered. I did wind up with a ten outer on the river, as 8-9-10 had come up, but there was no joy in Bazzieville. How did you wind up, Tyson?

Chip leader at the table? - wasnt that me? :tongue:

It went for another four hours and we decided to cop the pot. It was down to myself and Tracy. Who went on an extremely lucky streak knocking out other players with lucky catches-

She caught a str 34-(56)-7 vs AA, a 3 high flush vs a set of queens etc.

She turned from a calling station into a happy go lucky bingo player with alot of chips, so very dangerous.

We chopped the pot at $450 a peice and then played it out for the remaining $75 and the title. Pressure off, I took her out with a pair of jacks (on board) vs her all in on a 3 card str and 2 card flush draw.

Thanks for inviting me out there it was a great tourney!
  • Kiwanis Guelph
    Poker Tournament Fundraiser

When:
    Saturday, June 27th
    Where: Guelph Curling Club (816 Woolwich Street)
    Time: Register at 3pm / 4pm Start

Tournament Fee: $40
    Re buy: $20 until cut off point (after 90 minutes).
    After cut off: $20 or $40 stack up.

To register, call 519-803-0766 or email royalflush@guelphkiwanis.org
  • Please keep me posted on any Guelph tournaments. Thanks.
  • Nice little blast from the past. Sandro still lurking?