At long last . . . the survivors may soon find peace.

Secret papers released on 1989 U.K. Hillsborough stadium tragedy - ESPNFC

and some perspective . . .

Marcotti: At long last, closure for Hillsborough injustice - ESPNFC

For those who do not know, the Hillsborough Tragedy has long been regarded as the greatest sporting tragedy in British history. For years, the Hillsborough Trust, acting on behalf of survivors, has been denied the ability to see all the information that the multitude of investigations produced. That changed today and, though a dark cloud has lifted, a darker one remains, as the long alleged cover-up has been proven true. To date, no person has stood before a court because of what happened that day. Having watched the game live, and the carnage that resulted, it is my fond wish that those responsible face the full might of British Law, not only for what they allowed to happen, but for covering up their responsibility for it, and for shifting the blame to those that died.

Justice for the 96.

Comments

• were you actually at the game or watching on TV?

Yes, it's taken a long time and a lot of unnecessary pressure to get to this point. The corruption required to make it this far before the truth started to come out is astounding.
  • I was watching the game . . . at a local pub (oddly enough, a Rangers pub). Could not believe my eyes at first, and then it was like a car wreck . . . you want to close your eyes, but you cannot stop watching.