March 13th, confirmed by Saturday

I know I said 48 hrs., but life has been getting in the way of poker the last few days. Terry and I have two appointments today, one at Ceasers in Bolton and at a place on Atwell Dr. We also have an appointment with two places in Brampton that Terry has made. We will know by the end of the weekend at the latest.

As for the first venue, here's what I have so far.......

The owners havebeen charged with:

Prescribing the goods or services related to the conduct, management or operation of a gaming event with out the proper license.

Apparently there are a few more that have been laid in conjunction with gaming laws and liquor license laws. Didn't get into it to much. The just of it is the money has been confiscated, and they are looking at several fines at best ranging from a min. of $50,000.

Now apparetly you can hold a "GAME OF CHANCE", under certain rules and regs. you can find them at http://www.agco.on.ca/en/ft.features/ft4.acts.html if you type "gambling" in the search engine it will give you more.

The just of it is, if you are holding a charity event your ok, if your a small fry and no one complains, they wont bug you unless you get too big, too rich and too stupid.

So basically, just be smart, you can make a profit or not, just don't do it every night in the same place, and don't piss anyone off.

Hope this helps. Rob

Comments