Need help.

This seems like it would be pretty easy but i'm having trouble with it.

How do I stop trying to steal and continue with bluffs? I find this is really hurting me lately.. and I find just too often i'm always firing that second or third bullet way too often

Comments

• this thread rapes.
  • Stop trying to steal and bluff calling stations.:)
  • ok, to stop triple barrelling, one must play in position

85% of the pots im in, im in position.. very rarely do I lead at the pot if im oop.. that number rises if its multi way , and im content taking the pot down on a wet board with TPMK

good thing to remember macke.. is playing in position. if ur out of position and u whiff the flop, there's no shame in check folding... none at all... this will happen more often then not.

another thing to get u to stop stealing is to simply not play out of the SB

all day every day, I see the most insane BvB battles in micro stakes, its almost funny to watch what people do

seriously, just chill.. stop trying to get EVERY SINGLE CHIP OUT THERE, and they will come to you when you are holding the best hand, every time. gotta be patient and get those hands first. dont force it.

glgl
  • You gotta mix in checking with cbing. There's a lot of value in not cbeting your made hands, and I'm not talking about big hands only.
  • You have to ask yourself, "where do I make my money?"

Everyone I talk to irl, always complains about donkey's that call with ridiculous trash hands, and chase everything until they finally hit, and then they stack your aces. These are the first type of players you need to learn how to exploit.

How do you make money vs. these players? Get a good hand and make value bets. Fold top pair or worse if they suddenly 'wake up'.

Against the player fields you are playing you shouldn't really be bluffing because you don't make money bluffing fish, you make it from value betting a better hand than the hands they will call with.

Once you become a strong value better bluffing comes a lot more naturally.

My suggestion...don't bluff until your are winning at poker with a tight game.
  • Wanted to post a hand for you macke that I played on weekend, bluffed post flop to take it down but I can't find the hand now.:(