AdKh 3 club flop facing donk bet

advice please. villain is playing laggy but only 25 hands on him so far.

PokerStars - $8+$0.80|1000/2000 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: PokerTracker

BTN: 48,776.00
SB: 63,046.00
BB: 52,808.00
UTG: 96,205.00
UTG+1: 41,927.00
Hero (MP): 84,867.00
MP+1: 91,055.00
LP: 54,950.00
CO: 118,421.00

BTN posts ante 250.00, SB posts ante 250.00, BB posts ante 250.00, UTG posts ante 250.00, UTG+1 posts ante 250.00, Hero posts ante 250.00, MP+1 posts ante 250.00, LP posts ante 250.00, CO posts ante 250.00, SB posts SB 1,000.00, BB posts BB 2,000.00

Pre Flop: (5250.00) Hero has Kh Ad

fold, fold, Hero raises to 4,000.00, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 3,000.00, fold

Flop: (12250.00, 2 players) 3c 9c 2c
SB bets 2,000.00

Comments

• This one is going to be read dependent. If he really is quite lag then you can profitably jam vs his donk, as his range won't be strong enough to call you enough to make your jam -ev.

If he wasn't a very laggy player you could still do this if you had 1 club.

If you don't have read he will continue firing all streets I'll peel 1:

If he bets the turn I prob fold.

If he checks turn and river I'll bluff shove any queen or 4th club (whether it came turn or river).

obv value betting any A or K so that gives us 16 outs twice?
  • yeah this one was just tough because i really had no read on villain since he was not at table long. if i had a club in my hand it would have been easier.
  • profitably jam? isn't that like 50k shove into 12k? that doesn't sound very profitable <.<
  • lol at shoving here, jesus christ lol

AK is the most over played hand in poker.

feel no shame in letting it hit the muck iirc
  • i agree. i wasn't thinking about jamming here at all.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    profitably jam? isn't that like 50k shove into 12k? that doesn't sound very profitable <.<
    Ya that doesn't sound so good :-\

I've come to a realization that my understanding of lag is different than everyone else.

I'm just assuming he has a lot of missed broadway and random stuff he's just leading out with, and that he can't call enough because there is so much air in his range. When he calls sometimes we are ahead and sometimes we have 6 outs twice.

Also if he's lag then he's likely leading the turn to which makes flatting not the best idea to me.

wwyd? just fold?
  • Ya, just fold. We dont have a made hand, no nut draws, just Ace high. Wait for a better spot.
  • darbday wrote: »
    Ya that doesn't sound so good :-\

I've come to a realization that my understanding of lag is different than everyone else.

I'm just assuming he has a lot of missed broadway and random stuff he's just leading out with, and that he can't call enough because there is so much air in his range. When he calls sometimes we are ahead and sometimes we have 6 outs twice.

Also if he's lag then he's likely leading the turn to which makes flatting not the best idea to me.

wwyd? just fold?

It's an annoying spot for sure but since the bet is so small I think I'd put in a raise on the flop to 8k just for the hell of it and then probably check back turn, on this flop I'm normally over my hand and I don't even cbet frequently. If he donks for 6k+ I'd probably fold right away, but 2k is just an annoying check
  • Ya im just not liking folding to a lag players min donk giving us 6 to 1 with 2 overs.

I like raising...maybe we can even go like 5.5k - 8k and fold to a jam, but with all that dead money and an 8k raise , we are borderline price into call a lag player with overcards no?
  • darbday wrote: »
    Ya im just not liking folding to a lag players min donk giving us 6 to 1 with 2 overs.

I like raising...maybe we can even go like 5.5k - 8k and fold to a jam, but with all that dead money and an 8k raise , we are borderline price into call a lag player with overcards no?

If I raise here it's a bluff, I'm not sure but I don't think we can put in an additional 40k when we might already be drawing dead

edit: my take on this flop is that it's dangerous as fuck, not that we might have some equity vs ace high one club hands