Options

Notes example

The 'Kingx' example

This was a hand played against a 'good reg' that have a few thousand hands on. I have a specific note on him that I'll probably actually tell him about because I kind of know him and it will help his game more than it hurts mine.

I look down at K9s which is probably a boarder line hand at best in a button vs bb battle 12bbs effective vs even a loose reg.

Against this particular reg I have a few postflop notes but zero notes on hands that he has shoved. This means that he hasn't shoved any hands that are out of line, which after playing a few thousand hand with him means hes not lag at all and plays fairly close to the nash eq hands (although bvb most regs still shove atc).

But I did find one special note on him "will shove to effective stacks". This means that he will look at the entire tables stacks and adjust his shoves compared to the stacks. And since I took a note that means I saw something that suggest he really knows to do this.

So in this particular spot villain essentially is shoving with his bvb range instead of his button range because the small blind is so short he's virtually non existent. Nash suggests his button range should be around 24%, but he will be shoving somewhere between that and ATC, more likely around 40-55% also depending on how much fold equity vs the sb he thinks he has.

So when villain shoves nash we should call with ~23% of hands but when he opens his button range (almost as if hes in the sb) to 45% of hands we can call with 31% of hands which makes any ace, any broadway, any pair, k5s+, q8s+, j9s+

No Limit Holdem Tournament
PokerStars
9 Players
$3.19+$0.31

Stacks:
UTG salonteskis (50k) 25bb
UTG+1 quickfinge (15k) 8bb
MP1 The Skell (20k) 10bb
MP2 lokkis1 (56k) 28bb
MP3 joh. Cash (19k) 9bb
CO RomikAK (15k) 7bb
BTN villain (24k) 12bb
SB DIMAZAYAC (3.5k) 2bb
BB joda (25k) 13bb

Blinds: 1k/2k Ante 200

Pre-Flop: (4.8k, 9 players) joda is BB :kd :9d
6 folds, villain goes all-in 24k, DIMAZAYAC goes all-in 2.3k, joda calls 22k

Lastly because villain saw me showdown K9s here he should tighten up slightly in spots like this and shove closer to nash.

We can assume 'good regs' play similar to villain but may miss button spots similar to this and might not be wide.

'Very good regs' will always initially shove wider in a spot like this, even on 50 tables. If you give them a reason to adjust some of them will adjust but some of them like this villain won't.

Any better players will intuitively adjust to you based on your skill level, your opr/ss stats, and your history. Basically you can just call them with nash equilibrium ranges all the way anyways.

So if a reg who plays like this is in the cutoff, and the button is a really short stack, you can call the reg from the BB with the same hands you would call if he was on the button.