differences between 180's and scheduled tournaments

This may have been discussed in the past, but I have been unable to find a thread on it. If there is a thread about please post a link.

After I finish up with my initial study of the topics in my http://www.pokerforum.ca/f53/most-important-things-learn-crush-online-mtts-28972/ . I will be hitting the 180's to fast track my application portion of my training. I think these will help immensely with my understanding the topics on the list.

To start I will only play 180`s, Then when I get a solid win rate, I will start incorporating scheduled games again. My question, premature or not is... Besides the general difference`s such as smaller Starting stack, Set field, Set Prize pool, smaller Prizes and smaller time frame. What are some of the bigger differences between 180`s and scheduled tournaments?

Comments

• Whats a 180!?

burger-king-king.jpg
  • More regs
  • I'm obv biased but we can refine our selection even further to turbo 180s. Kinda like starting with our chipping and putting game in golf.
    MV5BMTQxOTI1MDcxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjEwNDgxNw@@._V1._SY314_CR15,0,214,314_.jpgstamos.jpg
    MV5BMTQxOTI1MDcxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjEwNDgxNw@@._V1._SY314_CR15,0,214,314_.jpg
  • yeah i think turbo 180s are good to learn your shortstack game. Def more regs, but only a few are <^^> good.... :D
  • reibs wrote: »
    yeah i think turbo 180s are good to learn your shortstack game. Def more regs, but only a few are <^^> good.... :D

John Stamos is a 180 reg?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    John Stamos is a 180 reg?

That's just a pic that darb keeps in his room. :D
  • 180s are gay
  • costanza wrote: »
    180s are gay

So that explains the anal raping. :D
  • This is a random sample of the 2.50 180 mans and my reg colors, I haven't played these much lately so its likely that half the unmarked players are essentially regs.

These regs aren't good mass multi tablers neccasarily though, the more blue the tag the better they are, but because I picked an early sample time mid week there are less good regs up and playing

It just goes to show how many players I've already seen and I've only played 30 of these this month...

The 8's are like this but with good - very good regs dominated the tags.

Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
  • trigs wrote: »
    More regs
    Thanks! I thought of this after I posted the thread.:)
    reibs wrote: »
    yeah i think turbo 180s are good to learn your shortstack game. Def more regs, but only a few are <^^> good.... :D

Not crazy about the turbo 180's, But I will add them into the mix to work on my Short stack game. I was originally planning on starting with the 4.50, 180's only.
    darbday wrote: »
    This is a random sample of the 2.50 180 mans and my reg colors, I haven't played these much lately so its likely that half the unmarked players are essentially regs.

These regs aren't good mass multi tablers neccasarily though, the more blue the tag the better they are, but because I picked an early sample time mid week there are less good regs up and playing

It just goes to show how many players I've already seen and I've only played 30 of these this month...

The 8's are like this but with good - very good regs dominated the tags.

Thanks again Darb you have been a wealth of knowledge so far, the pics of the lobbies are helpful. As for your color coding, how do you define your players? Right now I use a simple system after I get a least 50 hands or more on a player. RED - Tight Aggro., Yellow - Loose aggro., Light Green - Tight Passive and Dark Green - Loose Passive. I will keep an eye on the players as they reach the 100,200,300 hand mark and re asses them based on how they have evolved.
  • Coloring players by there vpip/prf stats is really just labeling them twice (your hud tells you all that). What you want to do is label them by skill level. This should be done based on there opr and sharkscope stats. Be careful because reading them is a skill in itself (for example someone with no wins could be a multi accounting pro).

New stuff I read recommends we can differentiate between 7 different groups decently so I would do no more than 7.

So, losing, breakeven, slightly winning, winning, etc. and so on. but make them what ever you want.

Every time someone open limps on any table the pretty much gets auto losing tag.
  • and always label the Russians.
  • darbday wrote: »
    Coloring players by there vpip/prf stats is really just labeling them twice. What you want to do is label them by skill level. This should be done based on there opr and sharkscope stats. Be careful because reading them is a skill in itself (for example someone with no wins could be a multi accounting pro).

New stuff I read recommend we can differentiate between 7 different groups well so I would do no more than 7.

So, losing, breakeven, slightly winning, winning, etc. and so on. but make them what ever you want.

Every time someone open limps on any table the pretty much gets auto losing tag.

Cool, I had a different OPR system before, however when I reloaded Stars I put in this simplified color system. My system was based on their ranking tho, Which was kinda wrong, but still defined them quickly. so I made this simplified version .

It went like this. First thing when I got seated or moved I would search each player and identify them (even if they had a color already). I used their stats from the previous year, if they didn't play the previous year, I used their 120 day trend. RED - 100%-95%, ORANGE - 94%-85%, YELLOW - 84%-75%, DARK BLUE - 74%-65%, BLUE - 64%-55%, LIGHT BLUE - 54%-25%, GREEN - 24%-0% & PURPLE for UNKNOWNS(hidden).

It helped define the better players from the bad and new players. I was able to structure my play quicker, which was nice.

A couple reasons why didn't incorperate it during my second load is because...

1. OPR had changed and the ranking system was a broken down into stake categories, I failed to refine my structure at that time.(I guess you could say that I was little lazy)

2. Pokerstars blocked the game data unless you Opt'd in, so I thought I would find more ppl that wern't opt'd in then were opt'd in. Therefore making most of my searches irrelevant.
  • yes makes sense, generally better players and regs are opted in others they can't see each others stats. Sharkscope really helps too especially for 180mans. But however you assess their skill is fine, evenuntaully you can refine that skill to (avatar tells, number of tables, abi, screen name, opt'd in to sites, shows hands, pfr/vpip, chat etc.).

In 180 man turbo's if you color people correctly by there roi% you can predict there shove and calling ranges with a lot of accuracy.

glglglg!
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    and always label the Russians.

HAHA ya this!