Stardust Poker Mansion, anybody been there?

Hello, I am new here. Live in Toronto, but heard something about Stardust Poker Classic tournament next weekend in Montreal.

Anybody knows of this place - Stardust Poker Mansion? There is a tournament next weekend there with huge purse. I can't play, too much of a noob, but was thinking about checking out. Pokerstars is sponsoring it. Their site is stardustpokermansion.com.

Any info on this place would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• We can help with this. If your associated with club, just be upfront.

This type of first post always screams shill, I know, I am one.

We have a few members going to this and there are no lack of Stars players here. So far the reviews for the club have been strong and the 300k GTD next week is pretty solid. I'll post Steve Kerrs trip report if I can find it.

There is this Member thread here: http://www.pokerforum.ca/f7/stardust-poker-mansion-28234/?highlight=Stardust

Steve mentioned hotness of staff > Playground. He did not like the racetrack wood rail, but recent photos looks like they may have changed felts.

I am confused by their huge wine selection, in my experience with poker and partying, a fine selection of wormwood and aguva would prob be a better fit.

Their affiliation with Stars is obv powerfull in that they can online satty events. Impressed they stepped up with the 300K GTD. They have also affiliated with some big names; Duhamel and McClung...it's just too bad that these guys are usually on World curciut and won't be around as much as maybe expected. Regardless, the young kids are going to eat all of this ^^^ up. I here Duhamel will be around for $1,100 along with surprise celebs.

I don't think it would be a stretch to expect Negreanu, given he has been hanging in TO and will most likely head back to Canada after Barcelona.

On the flip side, their up against some stiff competition; Playground has cribbing and foundation poured for huge expansion and already packs the house. New WPT stop and with Foxwoods out of the picture, this has to draw some Americans.

The site you mentioned has the complete schedule for the Stardust Canadian Poker Classic, some nice events, but takes a lot of jumping around to calendar pages to digest. For those members now reading this thread, I've condensed it some, along with info and cash games and HU tables here:
    “Stardust Canadian Poker Classic” $1,100 Main Event With $300,000 Guaranteed | Canada Poker | Canadian Poker News
  • jontm wrote: »
    We can help with this. If your associated with club, just be upfront.

This type of first post always screams shill, I know, I am one.

We have a few members going to this and there are no lack of Stars players here. So far the reviews for the club have been strong and the 300k GTD next week is pretty solid. I'll post Steve Kerrs trip report if I can find it.

There is this Member thread here: http://www.pokerforum.ca/f7/stardust-poker-mansion-28234/?highlight=Stardust

Steve mentioned hotness of staff > Playground. He did not like the racetrack wood rail, but recent photos looks like they may have changed felts.

I am confused by their huge wine selection, in my experience with poker and partying, a fine selection of wormwood and aguva would prob be a better fit.

Their affiliation with Stars is obv powerfull in that they can online satty events. Impressed they stepped up with the 300K GTD. They have also affiliated with some big names; Duhamel and McClung...it's just too bad that these guys are usually on World curciut and won't be around as much as maybe expected. Regardless, the young kids are going to eat all of this ^^^ up. I here Duhamel will be around for $1,100 along with surprise celebs.

I don't think it would be a stretch to expect Negreanu, given he has been hanging in TO and will most likely head back to Canada after Barcelona.

On the flip side, their up against some stiff competition; Playground has cribbing and foundation poured for huge expansion and already packs the house. New WPT stop and with Foxwoods out of the picture, this has to draw some Americans.

The site you mentioned has the complete schedule for the Stardust Canadian Poker Classic, some nice events, but takes a lot of jumping around to calendar pages to digest. For those members now reading this thread, I've condensed it some, along with info and cash games and HU tables here:
    “Stardust Canadian Poker Classic” $1,100 Main Event With $300,000 Guaranteed | Canada Poker | Canadian Poker News

Thanks for such detailed reply. No, I am not affiliated with them at all. I am 100% noob in poker and so far have only been losing money online, but still enjoying it. And winning some pennies against my brother in law and my wife :)

When I heard about them, the name Duhamel caught my eye, and it gave me feeling that this place is legit and most likely some high rollers and pros are there. I am going to check it out next weekend, should be good.

I am in town for jiu jitsu tournament and thought of combining the experience.
  • Cool. It's just an almost verbatim post showed up elsewhere, so you see why I might think this. Check out the multi-day $165 on schedule, might be a better place to cut your teeth and still experience the club.
  • jontm wrote: »
    Cool. It's just an almost verbatim post showed up elsewhere, so you see why I might think this. Check out the multi-day $165 on schedule, might be a better place to cut your teeth and still experience the club.

It could be me at the other place too :) Thanks for the advise, I'll check it out.