Game 11 Roll Call

Okay, all, only a couple more games in the season, so if you are in need of some games, you're time is running out to participate in the SET.

Who's In??

STR82ACE
Milo
Eduardo
Pkrfce9
SamCanada
CrazyKoby
HitMenZ24
Shifty (T)

Comments

• Ohh ooh . . . OOH !!!
  • Milo wrote: »
    Ohh ooh . . . OOH !!!

In memory of Horseshack I assume??
  • count me in!
  • in for the final drive to the hill
  • I will be there as well
  • Pretty quick game tonight. Can't remember the last time we ended before 10:30pm, if ever.

Milo and CrazyKoby went headsup tonight and decided to even split the money and play out for points. Milo's AK wins the night however, so he gets the first place points.

I've got to review the game sheets from the season and see what happened. It appears that I may have missed a player's attendance, so I need to confirm the data before I post next week's game and points board.
  • Sadly, not enough players to really move up the standings. At least, I think that is how the points work . . .
  • Interesting game tonight, does everyone still have their Business cards??? LOL
  • wonder what I can get for Aces to hold up against the flush draw . . . too soon?
  • After careful review and verification of past games this season, please note the following changes to the leader board, up to and including Game 11 results.

Q = Qualified to play SET
    DNQ = Does Not Qualify
    If you MUST play the last game, I've noted that as well. All points and monies have been confirmed as accurate.

STR82ACE 372 Q
    MILO 356 Q
    PKRFCE9 301 Q
    SAMCANADA 296 Q
    GARRYC 262 Q
    MILTONSLIM 236 Q
    ASNX557 223 Q
    ATHENAIOS 182 Q
    CRAZYKOBY 153 Q
    MCFLIP 135 MUST PLAY GAME 12 TO PLAY SET
    SHIFTY 132 Q
    MR CHATTY 110 Q
    ALLY 108 Q
    EDUARDO 91 Q
    WETTS 74 Q
    HITMANZ24 74 MUST PLAY GAME 12 TO PLAY SET
    SOLIVE 74 MUST PLAY GAME 12 TO PLAY SET
    FERLYNX 22 DNQ
    KAREN 21 DNQ
    HIGHFLYER 16 DNQ
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    After careful review and verification of past games this season, please note the following changes to the leader board, up to and including Game 11 results.

DNQ = Does Not Qualify
    If you MUST play the last game, I've noted that as well. All points and monies have been confirmed as accurate.

STR82ACE 372 Q
    MILO 356 Q
    PKRFCE9 301 Q
    SAMCANADA 296 Q
    GARRYC 262 Q
    MILTONSLIM 236 Q
    ASNX557 223 Q
    ATHENAIOS 182 Q
    CRAZYKOBY 153 Q
    SHIFTY 132 Q
    MR CHATTY 110 Q
    ALLY 108 Q
    EDUARDO 91 Q
    WETTS 74 Q
    FERLYNX 22 DNQ
    KAREN 21 DNQ
    HIGHFLYER 16 DNQ

See bolded.

That has to be a typo . . . :D
  • Sadly, no it isn't. You placed rather high this season. Proof that blind squirrels find nuts once in awhile.
  • There may be a lot of grovelling done in the next few days . . .
  • Wow Milo from 184 last week to 356 this week.
    And A.J gets more points then me and went out first. I would like to go back to the old calculation please :o:)

STR82ACE wrote: »
    After careful review and verification of past games this season, please note the following changes to the leader board, up to and including Game 11 results.

DNQ = Does Not Qualify

STR82ACE 372 Q
    MILO 356 Q
    PKRFCE9 301 Q
    SAMCANADA 296 Q
    GARRYC 262 Q
    MILTONSLIM 236 Q
    ASNX557 223 Q
    ATHENAIOS 182 Q
    CRAZYKOBY 153 Q
    SHIFTY 132 Q
    MR CHATTY 110 Q
    ALLY 108 Q
    EDUARDO 91 Q
    WETTS 74 Q
    FERLYNX 22 DNQ
    KAREN 21 DNQ
    HIGHFLYER 16 DNQ
  • In AJ's defence, this comes as a result of some missed games. Eduardo was certain that he had qualified for the SET (correctly, as it turns out), necessitating that our host go through the physical game sheets to be certain all was in order. Not sure I appreciate the extra effort, as I now find myself needing to suck up to the wife in order to be able to take a shot at the title . . .
  • There was also a copy & paste error on the points calculation tab. That took a while to find, but it changed the landscape of the points board quite a bit. Remember, the points are accumulated totals from the season, and not truly dependent on any one game. In saying that, the more players that play each game, the wider the points range, and the larger the jump from the higher place positions.

When only 7 or 8 players come out, first would get about 60 to 70 points, where if 12 players play, first would get 90 or more points. That makes a HUGE jump on the standings. And with the formula weighting system, 7 players second place would get about 40pts, and with 12 players, second place gets about 60. Its the way the formula weighs your bustout position based on total number of players per game that make the point separations so dramatic, especially for the top 3 or 4 players. Quite abit less for the first few to bust out, where the point spread is more like 2 or 3 points difference from 12 to 11 positions.
  • Thanks for the extra info.
  • AJ, thanks for taking the time to review everything and correct the issues.
  • AJ I thank you for the info. It's good to know how it works and to be honest I was wondering how I was in second for so long when I really only had 3-4 good games and the rest of the time I finished low. But as always I know and trust you to run a fair and great game. Although due to the fact I did lose some points I think I should get a free entry to the SET if I show up next week....
  • samcanada wrote: »
    AJ I thank you for the info. It's good to know how it works and to be honest I was wondering how I was in second for so long when I really only had 3-4 good games and the rest of the time I finished low. But as always I know and trust you to run a fair and great game. Although due to the fact I did lose some points I think I should get a free entry to the SET if I show up next week....

I'm positive I could make up something plausible!!

Sam
    get the boxes unpacked!

Milton Slim
  • lol it's taking tooooo long and my back and legs don't work anymore.. woo hoo my own house :)
    ddmilcan wrote: »
    I'm positive I could make up something plausible!!

Sam
    get the boxes unpacked!

Milton Slim