Lazy man olympics - september 2012

Yes.. it's true

You've heard the stories of the veteran Olympians. You've imagined the toll and punishment it takes. And you've wondered, can you find it, can you dig that deep inside yourself to rise up to the challenge.

Lazy Man Olympics IV:

Date: Saturday, September 15 th, 2012*
Cost: $20 entry fee, you cover booze, event costs, transportation
Payout: Winner take all*
You will need: Money for your stuff, a baseball glove, any overnight stuff you may need if you're crashing at my place, compatible liver donor.

EVENT:

As per the previous LMO - there will be five gruelling events (rules to follow):

Bowling
Johnny Knockout
Bocce
Newfy Golf / Monkey Balls / Testicle toss / whatever you call it
Poker

12:00 Meet at my place for Opening Ceremonies

12:30-12:45 Head towards the bowling alley (wherever that ends up being)

1:00 - 2:00 Bowl, drink

2:00 - 3:00 Return to my place, for the remainder of events (Ball diamond behind my place)

4:30 - 6:00 Drinks / Dinner

6:00 - ? Poker

Sunday: Curse Mark and the LMO...

General Rules:

You must be well lubricated, drinking with regualarity throughout the events.

If you pass out / get denied access / get kicked out, you don't get any points, and will be mocked mercilessly

Game-specific rulse:

Bowling:
- Every third frame will be the "beer frame", whereby the lowest scoring person will have to buy a round of beers / pitcher for his lane. You an only be the beer bitch once.

- Verbal and gestural distractions are encouraged throughout the game, but no touching the bowler.

Johnny Knockout:
- You may know it as 500 up, but basically one batter, everyone else catches. Points for ball caught: Air-100, one bounce-50, moving - 25.

- random pick of batter, you bat for 5 minutes*, then randomly pick again (only bat once). After all have batted, tally points.

Bocce:

- throw the little ball, get close with the big ones - games go to 10*. Single elimination tourney, random opponents.

Testicle toss:

- It's like a bastardized horseshoes. Look here

- again, 10 points* single elimination

Poker:
- NLHE tourney, no rebuys / add-ons. Drinking is mandatory

Drinks can be of your choice, beer, mixed, shots, whatever. For the bowling round though, only beers can be bought in the beer frames (i.e. we're not buying a double rye and ginger for the dude not drinking beer).

Competitors:

- Drtyore Mark
- Itsame Mario
- TwoThree Braad
- BigE Eric
- Hobbes Ron
- Pinhead Brad
- Various Randoms: Frank, Graham, Andrew

* - subject to change on popular vote / my whims.

Mark

Comments

• Noooooooooooo change the date! I want to drunkenly play all these things!
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    Noooooooooooo change the date! I want to drunkenly play all these things!

What do you have more important?

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    What do you have more important?

Mark

Marital duties and whatnot...
    Marital duties and whatnot...

He wouldn't understand.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    He wouldn't understand.

Sure he would, he just checked to make sure his spouse was available first...
  • First, ouch

Second, I invited her too!

Third, if you notice, the date is up for discussion. Obv. not the long weekend, but maybe the weekend of the 15th?

Mark
    Sure he would, he just checked to make sure his spouse was available first...
    DrTyore wrote: »
    Competitors:

- Drtyore Mark
    - Itsame Mario

Well played sir
  • 15th me no play.
  • Thanks for the invite Mark!:)

Start of my Vegas trip at that time, that and I don't drink (much).;)
    First, ouch

Second, I invited her too!

Third, if you notice, the date is up for discussion. Obv. not the long weekend, but maybe the weekend of the 15th?

Mark

I had noticed - if that ends up being the popular date I'm in! And she may be too, given that she was also invited ;)
  • no darts? ultimate lazy man game where you can be a star with a gut so big that it makes it so you can't reach your own beer at the bar.

one hundRED AND EIGHTY!
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    no darts? ultimate lazy man game where you can be a star with a gut so big that it makes it so you can't reach your own beer at the bar.

one hundRED AND EIGHTY!

That was an event in LMO I

It took a long time, and sharp projectiles are tough.

Mark
  • true, 'specially with the drink on and thin blood and all.

carry on :)
  • I will be there, regardless of date! Gotta defend my Gold Medal!
  • Okay...

Due to the overwhelming votes (3) for the 15th, the date is changed.

Mark
  • Both those dates really suck for me. I'm bringing a bunch of clients to a Rugby match in Toronto on the 8th and I'm getting married on the 15th. Let me talk to my fiance. Maybe I can reschedule the wedding. To be honest, most weekends for the next couple months are not good for me though.
  • 15th might actually work for me . . . if I can pitch it as a birthday present to myself. will advise.
  • I'm kinda disappointed that there's no Mini-Golf. I was looking forward to repeating my performance from LMO 1 where I lost both the ball and putter, which I had broken. I wonder if they ever fished it out of the pond?

I assume it's a "sleep where you pass out" kinda night, right?
  • Oh yea...

Mini putt is fun, but oh so far away from everything else. People are welcome to crash at my place - whoever wins can snuggle in my bed with me ;)

Mark
  • Updated the competitors so far...

Let me know if I've missed you, or if you're on the list if we can get confirmation

Mark
    Updated the competitors so far...

Let me know if I've missed you, or if you're on the list if we can get confirmation

Mark

You missed me!

DrTyore wrote: »
    Competitors:

- Drtyore Mark
    - Itsame Mario
    - TwoThree Braad
    - BigE Eric
    - Hobbes Ron
    - Milo Anthony
    - Pinhead Brad
    - Various Randoms: Frank, Graham, Andrew

Can't. Fucking. Wait. For. This!!
  • so can any lazy man join? or do I have to put a lazy man team together?
  • Nope, anyone can join. It's everyman for themselves

Mark
  • sign me up please.
  • I have been told that my presence is required elsewhere on the day . . . dammit.
  • Bump... last week for registration!!

Mark
  • Under doctor's orders, I am not allowed to drink enough to make me a suitable contestant..

But do you need a (mostly) sober scorekeeper/referee ??

Al
  • DataMn wrote: »
    Under doctor's orders, I am not allowed to drink enough to make me a suitable contestant..

But do you need a (mostly) sober scorekeeper/referee ??

Al

Absolutely! Much appreciated!

And you can always participate in the demonstration events (Is that what they're called when they don't count for medals?). Namely, side bets, and any other shenanigans we get up to!

Mark
  • Yes adult supervision is always welcome.

Is there a contingency plan in case the weather is horribad or the outdoor venue is taken?
  • Hmm

Drunk and wet? Here's hoping it doesnt, but I'll come up with back up plans that are fair.

Mark