$1500 pot at Fallsview

While some of you my consider this a brag thread, I really do want to hear your experiences at this level.

I went to Fallsview today, instead of Niagara. I have been doing really well just waiting for good hands and betting them for value. No one at 1/2 seems to remember what hands you show down or how you played before. I decided to take a shot at 2/5NL.

I only played six hands to show down in 5 hours. Every time I had the winner. Then this one:

Dealt 9-9 in the SB, just called, mid position raised to $25 (700 behind), two callers (500 & 600 behind) and me (800 behind), four to the flop. Flop is 9-7-4 rainbow. I check, original raiser makes it $60, two callers then its on me.

Here is my thinking. Original raiser could have TT+ and the flat callers have a smaller set or straight draws. So I re-raise it to $160 and original raiser just calls me and the other two fold. Turn is a 7, giving me the boat - I decide to lead out for $250, raiser shoves and I call. River is a J. He never showed his hand after I showed the boat.

Comments

• Pocket Aces? Nice little haul. Good job Dj!
  • I would have uber-tilted him and asked to see his hand

Mark
  • well played
  • I generally bet the flop for about $60. I bet it 100% of the time if you are deeper, but with given stacks I think that either line is fine. Nice pot.
  • Standard fallsview idiots...well played. Most players at fallsview can't fold over pairs on those boards.

You may have also run into a higher limit player
  • I like the re-raise on the flop. Don't put other players on sets as they likely re-raise as well (not just call). Like your bet on the turn, and when he pushes, easy call with the second nuts. If he has quads, nothing you can do.

I had a very similar hand in Vegas where I flopped top set. All the money went in on the turn and in your situation, the river would be a harmless 3. Of course the other player had 56 :(