Options

never good here eh

Just going over my play tonight, and this one really bugs me

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.3 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds 20 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t3308)
BB (t4245)
UTG (t20029)
UTG+1 (t4276)
MP1 (t4058)
MP2 (t6514)
TheNutWorstEver (CO) (t5125)
Button (t6163)

TheNutWorstEver's M: 13.31

Preflop: TheNutWorstEver is CO with Adiamond.gif, Aspade.gif
3 folds, MP2 bets t390, TheNutWorstEver raises to t750, 3 folds, MP2 calls t360

Flop: (t1885) Kheart.gif, 4spade.gif, 10club.gif(2 players)
MP2 checks, TheNutWorstEver bets t450, MP2 calls t450

Turn: (t2785) 5diamond.gif(2 players)
MP2 checks, TheNutWorstEver bets t1234, MP2 calls t1234

River: (t5253) 10heart.gif(2 players)
MP2 checks, TheNutWorstEver bets t2671 (All-In)

any one else play this different? bet flop bigger?

Comments

• You should hide the results.

I'm betting the flop bigger, prob half pot at least, lots of kx, gutshot, oesd, and tx hands will call vs your value bet. Prob bet turn 1/2 pot again, turn card isn't scary for him so he should call with all of his flop range.

River might be ok if you think he'll call with a King, but remember its not a value bet just because you have the nuts, he actually has to call with worse, and that ten might scare him off a lot of hands that you beat.

I'd prob tank and then jam. Its also nice to already have a lot of chips in the pot so he'll feel like he has to call.

Some players float my cbets a lot with marginal holdings so I'll occasionally check the turn back and try to suck out a bluff from villain on the river if I really think he calls the flop with a lot of air.
  • took results out

thanx for input Joda
  • last statement is spoiler cos it says what he had basically. I agree with yoda on this
  • ok edited lol

been a long day

and thanx
  • guys;

while i got u 2 in here and i dont wanna start another thread, im gonna totally hi jack this one with a question lol

when i sit here and review all my hands from tonight, im not sure what to look for

twice i went over my session after i played tonight and i know exactly what i was thinking in these mtts/hands and it was fresh, so i can even remember reads from the hands.. and wouldnt change anything really, given what i knew at the time

i mean, i see basic coolers and beats... saw a couple spots i missed value, a couple spots i played bad.. couple spots i didn't like my sizing, couple spots i see i was getting a better price to peel than i thought ...

but all in all, how the fuck do i put it in my brain to use what i know after going over my hands into my session for tomorrow?

i hope this makes sense...

really gotta get my game together , pretty tilted with the way i played tonight
  • bet flop bigger to setup psb turn jam imo. ez game.

regarding reviewing your play, what do you have? PT4? HM?

I dont reveiw as much as I should, but usually I try to target something. For instance, I have had a lot of spots to call villains down on rivers pretty light lately, so I will just go in and filter all hands where I called river in the past month. And I will review most of them. See if I am really making money with these light calls or am I only remembering the 1/7 or something that worked? I also use this time to make further notes on villians.

In terms of looking at it from a broad perspective and trying to see leaks (which is I think what you are asking), I haven't figured that out yet either.... So I just dive into spots that I think are troublesome...
  • costanza wrote: »
    guys;

while i got u 2 in here and i dont wanna start another thread, im gonna totally hi jack this one with a question lol

when i sit here and review all my hands from tonight, im not sure what to look for

twice i went over my session after i played tonight and i know exactly what i was thinking in these mtts/hands and it was fresh, so i can even remember reads from the hands.. and wouldnt change anything really, given what i knew at the time

i mean, i see basic coolers and beats... saw a couple spots i missed value, a couple spots i played bad.. couple spots i didn't like my sizing, couple spots i see i was getting a better price to peel than i thought ...

but all in all, how the fuck do i put it in my brain to use what i know after going over my hands into my session for tomorrow?

i hope this makes sense...

really gotta get my game together , pretty tilted with the way i played tonight
    A sword cannot cut itself.

I read tons of post on site with players saying "I dunno whats wrong I review every night and I'm doing everything perfect"

The problem is one cannot self review. You'll just be like "thats right, thats right, thats right, oh misclick here, thats right thats right....etc."

Why should you ever do something during the day that you don't agree with at night?
  • reibs wrote: »
    bet flop bigger to setup psb turn jam imo. ez game.
    Definitely look at stacks and decide if you can bet big enough on the flop in order to jam the turn. Its close here because you over rep your hand but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the optimal play! I def ask myself on the flop all time if I want all the money in on the turn or river etc.
  • I think that line is fine since it looks like you had position, if he got there with a 10 you have no reason to put him on it after checking river so the jam is fine
  • darbday wrote: »
    A sword cannot cut itself.

I read tons of post on site with players saying "I dunno whats wrong I review every night and I'm doing everything perfect"

The problem is one cannot self review. You'll just be like "thats right, thats right, thats right, oh misclick here, thats right thats right....etc."

Why should you ever do something during the day that you don't agree with at night?

I disagree with this. Athletes look at tape all the time to see what they are doing right and what they can improve on. When I review a session, out of the heat of the moment, I can objectively see spots where I go "What the "f" was I thinking ?".
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I disagree with this. Athletes look at tape all the time to see what they are doing right and what they can improve on. When I review a session, out of the heat of the moment, I can objectively see spots where I go "What the "f" was I thinking ?".

I think you are talking about something different though.

Darb is basically saying, you can't see mistakes that you don't know are mistakes, even after the fact.

You are saying that you can see mistakes afterwards, which YOU KNOW are mistakes, and you made the wrong play, for whatever reason.

Edit: and i do what you are talking about all the time... jajaja
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Yes so you begin to identify misclicks and tilt mistakes etc. but fundamentally you aren't able to increase your own poker ability. Now at a certain level of mastery we can change that but most poker players suffer from the believe that they can self study and improve their game.

A side note about the athlete watching his tapes, he also watches with a coach and his trainer, and any of the rest of his team.
  • I review my hands in my replayer , i just copy paste HH txt in there... i use pt4 , dont use the replayer tho

nick r u saying its better to always get someone to look at the hands ? waste of time to look at my own game?
    nick r u saying its better to always get someone to look at the hands ? waste of time to look at my own game?
    can one give oneself golf lessons?
    can one give oneself golf lessons?

lol yeah

when im hitting the ball bad, i record my swing and can find whats wrong 100% of the time

but... i know what to look for
    whats wrong 100% of the time

but... i know what to look for
    where did you learn 'whats wrong'
    where did you learn 'whats wrong'

haha good point
    haha good point
    others are correct to argue and suggest you can somewhat learn from self study....but I just imagine struggle grinders who post on 2 + 2 about how they are so unlucky and every night they study there hh's and say "yup thats right, thats right, thats right, misclick, thats right, tilt, thats right......wow I do nothing wrong why do I lose?"
    others are correct to argue and suggest you can somewhat learn from self study....but I just imagine struggle grinders who post on 2 + 2 about how they are so unlucky and every night they study there hh's and say "yup thats right, thats right, thats right, misclick, thats right, tilt, thats right......wow I do nothing wrong why do I lose?"

I find that im ok to look at my own stuff because i have a good understanding of what my leaks are and what i need to do to correct them

obviously i come across spots im unsure of, but im able to use tools and resources to see if i was close

then sometimes im straight up clueless and thats when i post threads lol

im gonna start posting more here in strat
  • (Others help + self study) > others help >>>>>>>>>>>>> self study
    I find that im ok to look at my own stuff because i have a good understanding of what my leaks are and what i need to do to correct them

No. You dont. The mind doesnt work like the body so the comparison to pitchers watching infinite amount of film after games or whatever is irrelevant.

Having peers review your work is far far superior than reviewing it yourself.