From the World of "Awesome" news....

Had to post this bit of Awesomeness:

Westboro Baptist Church Military Protest Countered By Zombie Demonstrators

A Westboro Baptist Church protest was overshadowed Friday when demonstrators dressed as zombies gathered at a DuPont, Wash. military base to counter the radical group's efforts.

After members of the controversial Kansas-based church announced plans to picket Joint Base Lewis-McChord, a military base south of Seattle, 27-year-old Melissa Neace decided to organize a counter-protest, launching a Facebook group titled "Zombie'ing Westboro Baptist Church AWAY from Fort Lewis!"

"We wanted to turn something negative around, into something people could laugh at and poke fun at," Neace told the News Tribune. "It was the easiest way to divert attention from something so hateful."

About 300 counter-protesters showed up in varying degrees of zombie garb, far outnumbering the picketers from Westboro. According to KIRO in Seattle, just eight protesters from the controversial group showed up.

"I think that their message is very hateful, and Jesus was not a hateful person. He loved everybody," one of the counter-protesters told KIRO.

While it is unclear why Westboro Baptist Church targeted the DuPont military base for its latest effort, the group frequently pickets military funerals. The group believes that deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq are God's punishment for the United States' tolerance of homosexuality. Last year, the group announced it would "quadruple" protest efforts after the Supreme Court ruled that such demonstrations are protected by the First Amendment.

Comments

• lol that is awesome.

zombies FTW!
  • How come the crazies like the Colorado shooting guy never goes after these people?

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    How come the crazies like the Colorado shooting guy never goes after these people?

Mark

Professional courtesy.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    How come the crazies like the Colorado shooting guy never goes after these people?

Mark

Because shooting zombies doesn't always kill them.

Oh, you meant the church wakkos. Yeah, I figure the shooter figured it would be like cannabalism.
  • i dont get the whole "zombie" thing

they dont exist and are retarded.

come get some zombies
  • This has been happening more and more lately. There was one incident where, though they had a permit to protest, they did NOT think to get permission to park in the mall parking lot that they used for the purpose. By some weird coincidence all the local tow truck operators happened to be in that exact location, and towed all the vehicles to impound. Equally odd was that the computers were "down", preventing said vehicles from being released in a timely fashion, making it impossible for the Westboro Whack-jobs to protest the funeral as they intended. Fortunately, the IT department resolved the issue later that day, probably after returning from the service, and they went home shortly afterwards.
  • I think if I were ever diagnoseed with a terminal illness, I would give serious consideration to going down south and killing every one of these scumbags, just for the joy of standing in line behind them at the Pearly Gates. I would love to see the shocked looks on their faces as St. Peter looked at them individually, and told them all to go to Hell.
  • costanza wrote: »
    i dont get the whole "zombie" thing

they dont exist and are retarded.

come get some zombies

I like zombies because they are obviously best apocalypse scenario ever. Virus, biological, chemical, natural, nuclear, alien I'm dead. Slow walking zombie I got a chance!
  • fast zombies, though . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    fast zombies, though . . .

turn into a michael jackson video....now THAT'S scary

OW! (ball grab)
  • Milo wrote: »
    fast zombies, though . . .

Yeah they're scary.