Hilarious hand at brantford 5-10 tonight

This hand happened to my dad but I was sitting right beside him so I can recount it perfectly. He has about 270 in front of him and is in the BB with 67o. About 6 limpers and he checks. Flop comes down 5 4 3 rainbow. He bets, a raise call call... he calls to go for a check raise on the Turn. Turn comes down an 8 with completes the 4 card rainbow. My dad checks there is a bet and a raise in front of him he three bets and it gets capped 3 to the river. River comes down a 10. My dad bets a guy folds and this old Dude raises, so of course my dad 3 bets, old dude re-raises. This goes on till my dad is all in so obviously the whole table figures that they both have 6-7. My dad of course flips 6-7, the other guy flips.....

Guess...

10-4o! LMAO !! So this guys raises until my dad is all in with 10-4o for two pair that he made on the river. So my dad scoups a 650$ pot and this hand pretty much puts the table in shock and it was still being talked about about 6 hours later. The dealer said in the 2 years or whatever shed been dealing poker that she has never seen anything like that lol.

Anyhoo thought I'd share, was a pretty hilarious occurence :D

Comments

• Congrats for your dad. Always best to scoop those HUGE POTS! And why didn't the dealer cap the betting @ 3 raises since the river wasn't heads up?
  • That is AWESOME!
    When I read the flop portion I was then setting myself up for the bad beat to come. A verry happy ending for a change.
    I can only imagine if I had been in your dad's shoes and had a few beers in me, I would be trying to figure out what the hell I'm am missing here! (Not that this happens a lot :tongue: )
  • WOW. I was playing 5/10 at Brantford all day yesterday, why wasn't this guy at my table? :confused:
  • Tilter: It ended up heads up on the river, uncapping the betting.

My dad had to look at the board like 3 different times trying to make sure that the 10 didnt give the guy a better straight lol!!!

Some back story on the old dude, he was up like 600 bucks at this point, he had scouped some monster pots with some big boats and nut flushes. In the end though he left down 300, ouch.
  • those are the types pf pots and situations you dream of, and when you get its awesome!!

...my favourite situation to dream of is...heads up with howard lederer for 50 million dollars... I get pocket Aces and Howard gets pocket Kings, Flop comes A,A,K...giving me quad aces and Howard kings full..howard tries to check raise me and when i re raise him he goes all in and he quickly only to see i flopped quad aces...I take down the 50 million...

I would go on to write many books with TJ cloutier and Daniel N....and Howard would end up writing a trilogy of books on bad beats with Phil Helmuth
  • sinc wrote:
    Tilter: It ended up heads up on the river, uncapping the betting.
    Ah, cause you originally said capped turn and 3 to the river. I just though maybe Branford had different rules(ie unlimited raising on river), because like online even if Heads up on river its capped or is it because something like this 6 see river and first bets, 4 fold and last one reraises, is it then possible to have no cap?
  • Tilter wrote:
    Ah, cause you originally said capped turn and 3 to the river. I just though maybe Branford had different rules(ie unlimited raising on river), because like online even if Heads up on river its capped or is it because something like this 6 see river and first bets, 4 fold and last one reraises, is it then possible to have no cap?

Yea man as long as there are only 2 men left the betting is uncapped, doesn't matter how or when it gets down to 2.