Options

Horse racing

anyone know anything about it?

Any tips on betting?

I'm going to the north American cup on Saturday at mowhawk and wanna make some coin

I went last week and got raped , I bet hard on horses with sick names (first race of the night I lost 100$ on a horse named gym tan laundry and it was 70/1 lol)

Then I started doing triactors, exactors, superfectas and shit

Then I started betting favorites and still got owned :(

Any sort of advice or any insight on what to look for would be amazing, google search had tips that were too broad, id love to hear first hand advice

Tytyty in advance

Comments

• for the standard breds.......go with favourites if you don't know how to pick em. Longer shots are less likely that in the thoroughbreds.

You should do OK if you go like $20 across (win place show = $60) on the favourite......then take a $1 Tri favourite to the field (Depending how many horses in the race for the cost).

ex. 10 horses would equal 9x8 or $72
    8 horses would equal 7x6......etc etc

depending how much you want to spend obv.

and obv jealous ur going to the NA cup
  • Awesome t8 thanx man

Can u go into a little more detail on the tri to the field? Sorry lol I'm a horse betting fish

I saw 2$ triactors netting 450$+ pretty good ROI imo

If u follow racing and see any races/ bets u like, u can tweet at me and I can make bets at the track for u if u want
  • Also, if anyone wants to meet up there it will be a great time

Be good for some of u fellas to take your wives out for a social night of gambling and excitement!
  • Horse racing has about an 18% vig.
    Tri's have a vig over 20%

Just about *nobody* wins because the vig to too high.

Avoid horse racing.
  • my dad's got a good strategy for picking the winners. he watches the horses getting prepared on the side before the race. whichever one takes the biggest crap is the one he bets on. "that one will be the lightest" he'd always tell me.
  • trigs wrote: »
    my dad's got a good strategy for picking the winners. he watches the horses getting prepared on the side before the race. whichever one takes the biggest crap is the one he bets on. "that one will be the lightest" he'd always tell me.

My Mom grew up on a farm and said that which ever horse's ears are standing straight up and twitching is the one to bet on.

I just used to bet $2 to show on the horse with the coolest name. Cost me $20 for the day.
  • When you're at the track in Orangeville and you're 8 years old and you have $2 and your cousin has $2 take that money and bet it on 2 x 99-1 shots. When 1 of them wins take your half buy a new bike and don't go back.
  • literation wrote: »
    When you're at the track in Orangeville and you're 8 years old and you have $2 and your cousin has $2 take that money and bet it on 2 x 99-1 shots. When 1 of them wins take your half buy a new bike and don't go back.

Orangeville was the track my brother, Mom and I went to. I was 12-13yrs old and my older brother would make the bets for me. We'd buy KFC on the way there for lunch and my Mom and me would sit in the car and watch the races and my brother would run back and forth betting.

Best story was the time I wanted to bet $2 to win on Devon's Pride (go figure, eh ?) but my brother kept saying he was a nag and there was no way he could win. I insisted and off he went. Sure enough, my horse won !! It paid $40 for the win but when Dale got back to the car, he said he didnt make the bet, thinking he was saving me money and my mom made him pay me the $40.
  • Horse racing has about an 18% vig.
    Tri's have a vig over 20%

Just about *nobody* wins because the vig to too high.

Avoid horse racing.

Dude.......get out more

Horseracing is super entertaining (did you not watch the triple crown this year?), and if the vig is too high, don't wager?

If you're worried about vig.......find the hottest favourite on the night, bet everything u got to show, and ur all but g'teed $0.05 on the dollar #beatthevig
  • costanza wrote: »
    Can u go into a little more detail on the tri to the field? Sorry lol I'm a horse betting fish

I saw 2$ triactors netting 450$+ pretty good ROI imo

OK, the basics for a tri:

objective: picking the first 3 finishers in order

So, when I say take the favourite with the field for a dollar, here's what it means:

We'll say there are 10 horses in the race, and the favourite is #1.

We'll take #1 for first (if anyone else wins, we lose)
    For second place we get horses 2-10
    For third, we get horses 2-10

So what we are actually betting are 72 one dollar tri tickets with the order of 1-2-3, 1-2-4, 1-2-5....etc...all the way to 1-10-8, 1-10-9.

You can make this cheaper by knocking out horses you don't think will have a chance placing in the top 3. Every horse taken out will cut the number of tickets by quite a bit. Easiest way to calculate cost, is taken the
    (total number of horses taken for 2nd and 3rd) x (total horses taken for 2nd and 3rd minus 1) x the amount of wager ($1), gives u the cost.
    costanza wrote: »
    If u follow racing and see any races/ bets u like, u can tweet at me and I can make bets at the track for u if u want

I'll PVR it to watch....don't need to bet, but tks for the offer
  • literation wrote: »
    When you're at the track in Orangeville and you're 8 years old and you have $2 and your cousin has $2 take that money and bet it on 2 x 99-1 shots. When 1 of them wins take your half buy a new bike and don't go back.

Also, tell yourself to buy Apple stock
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Dude.......get out more

Horseracing is super entertaining (did you not watch the triple crown this year?), and if the vig is too high, don't wager?

If you're worried about vig.......find the hottest favourite on the night, bet everything u got to show, and ur all but g'teed $0.05 on the dollar #beatthevig

If you "bet everything u got" then you're have 18% less on average.

The idea of gambling is to find a good bet.

On situations like the triple crown there will be a lot of dumb money so there may be opportunities to make money. But these situations are rare.
  • My cousin myself and his fiancée are going up to Mohawk tonight

I'm gonna practice with small bets tonight then if I feel good about betting I'll throw some real money around tomorrow

I love shooting dice, baccarat and hitting on 16 but there is NOTHING like the sweat of seeing "your" horse coming down the stretch, such a sick rush

I'll post a TR on tonight if anyone GAF
    My cousin myself and his fiancée are going up to Mohawk tonight

I'm gonna practice with small bets tonight then if I feel good about betting I'll throw some real money around tomorrow

I love shooting dice, baccarat and hitting on 16 but there is NOTHING like the sweat of seeing "your" horse coming down the stretch, such a sick rush

Good luck!
    Stay away from exactra/trifectas/superfectas. They have a higher house edge, usually around 25%!
  • Had fun last night, I capped my betting at 20$ a race lol

Bet WPS (win place show) on favorites and did 1-2 dollar exactors and stuff

Broke even on the races but degenned on OLG slots and over priced beer so I booked the loss lol

Horse betting is super exciting , I really really like it especially after u have been around a little bit and get the hang of it
  • If you "bet everything u got" then you're have 18% less on average.

The idea of gambling is to find a good bet.

On situations like the triple crown there will be a lot of dumb money so there may be opportunities to make money. But these situations are rare.

Nit

Remember that there is more dead money in Horse Racing than poker.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Nit

Remember that there is more dead money in Horse Racing than poker.

and it's usually on the horse I bet on. :D
    My cousin myself and his fiancée are going up to Mohawk tonight

costanza wrote: »
    anyone know anything about it?

Any tips on betting?

I'm going to the north American cup on Saturday at mowhawk and wanna make some coin

I went last week and got raped , I bet hard on horses with sick names (first race of the night I lost 100$ on a horse named gym tan laundry and it was 70/1 lol)

Then I started doing triactors, exactors, superfectas and shit

Then I started betting favorites and still got owned :(

Any sort of advice or any insight on what to look for would be amazing, google search had tips that were too broad, id love to hear first hand advice

Tytyty in advance

There is a book that is downloadable for free on bj21.com

it's called "Betting Cheap Claimers"