If you thought the "Occupy" movement was big ....

Comments

• This is going to be so much bigger then the computerized poker tables in racetracks debate!
  • apparently toronto banned the use of plastic bags the other day (which in my opinion was just to piss of mayor rob ford).
  • trigs wrote: »
    apparently toronto banned the use of plastic bags the other day (which in my opinion was just to piss of mayor rob ford).

The most ridiculous part is that the motion started out as a measure to get rid of the 5 cent tax on bags (which passed), and then took a turn in a totally different direction.
  • seems to make sense, one could always just buy 2 half liter drinks ^^'
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    seems to make sense, one could always just buy 2 half liter drinks ^^'

already found the loop hole. now we have to ban all sizes of pop bottles.
  • DataMn wrote: »
    The most ridiculous part is that the motion started out as a measure to get rid of the 5 cent tax on bags (which passed), and then took a turn in a totally different direction.

So what you're saying is Rob Ford got outsmarted?

In other news, people need oxygen to live.
  • Cerberus wrote: »

Reminds me of a classic B.C. strip:

Why are we here? says one caveman.
    The plants need the CO2, says the other . . .
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    So what you're saying is Rob Ford got outsmarted?

I really don't understand all the hatred against the ONLY person on city council that wants accountability, control, and is looking at the future needs of the city. All I hear is a grade school class, bitching back and forth and no one taking ownership of the real issues EXCEPT the Ford's.

Citizens really need to walk down to city hall and tell that group to grow up, spend wisely, and work together.
  • HE should NOT have tossed the vehicle registration tax. I know it was an election pledge, and he should be commended for seeing it through, but it was just BAD economics.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I really don't understand all the hatred against the ONLY person on city council that wants accountability, control, and is looking at the future needs of the city. All I hear is a grade school class, bitching back and forth and no one taking ownership of the real issues EXCEPT the Ford's.

Citizens really need to walk down to city hall and tell that group to grow up, spend wisely, and work together.

You mean the same Rob Ford who, as soon as he loses any vote, states that it is an election issue. So apparently the whole term of him being in office is to push for reelection in 4 years? Yep, sounds like he's not wasting anyone's time and money.

He got smacked around on the transit issue because he was wrong, and then cried it was an election issue. Same with this one. I'm waiting for the lunch lady at City Hall to tell him he can't have extra gravy and for him to scream that it's an election issue.