Brad Booth Scammer

2»

Comments

• costanza wrote: »
    im just so sick of hearing "big time" names giving poker (one of the things I love most in this world) a bad rep

The game is tough to defend to start with, stories like this coming out makes it even harder. That's my REAL problem.
    That bolded part should concern you...

Mistake to try and defend it, at the big money level, it is, at best, a scummy sordid place... At our level, mostly for fun and entertainment, it is an enjoyable place to spend some time but don't let it become all consuming or one may be sorry.
    Trying to use it as a quick get rich scheme will most likely result in frustration, unhappiness and remorse...
  • compuease wrote: »
    That bolded part should concern you...

Mistake to try and defend it, at the big money level, it is, at best, a scummy sordid place... At our level, mostly for fun and entertainment, it is an enjoyable place to spend some time but don't let it become all consuming or one may be sorry.
    Trying to use it as a quick get rich scheme will most likely result in frustration, unhappiness and remorse...

the bolded part doesn't concern me at all, im very proud to be a huge enthusiast of the game as a whole. Doesn't matter if im reading about poker, talking poker, playing online, playing live, playing all different variants of the game, im always happy when it comes to poker.

The game is fun and enjoyable for sure, but im certainly not using it for "get rich quick" . I'll play poker my whole life, no matter what happens.

RE: BB , I feel bad about my comments earlier because "it could happen to anyone" , but ill be damned if anyone is gonna defend his character. It takes someone special to screw someone over.. it takes someone REALLY special to fuck someone over for 30+ racks.

To normal ppl thats a decent income at a job in a YEAR, and to punt it in a night is just so retarded.

I may come across as way to serious or passionate or w/e lol , but i do care/love the game alot lol

:arghh:
  • I don't see why it's so bad to love the game so much... Poker is certainly up there for me.

Now if costanza is selling off bodily fluids or an organ or two.. then there might be a problem.
  • I hope he is sitting beside me at the 5/10 game at the Venetian next week :) I'm surprised he would make such a statement on youtube.
  • I've always liked Brad Booth. His history, his involvement with the game, and his approach to the game until recently. Unfortunately, he's been raped since the UB scandal, and he just can't seem to make it connect anymore, which in my opinion, is really too bad.

It took a lot of balls to make that video and admit to his own actions of late, without any excuses, and its obvious the man feels deeply about his own short comings within the community. He's only going to face ridicule from this production, and he must have know he would, and yet he STILL made it and posted it...WITHOUT editing!

I admit, I feel for the guy. He's always extended the Nice Guy of Poker persona, but events over the past few years and the absence of any kind of run good at all have taken a brutal toll on him. I hope he can bounce back from this. I think if he can, he would be a dominate player in the field.

Good luck Brad. Whatever you decide you have to do going forward, I really hope your life turns around for you.
  • Seen he cashed for about $6000 the other day at the WSOP.
  • IamJoFay wrote: »
    Seen he cashed for about $6000 the other day at the WSOP.

still think he's a little short.
    Seen he cashed for about $6000 the other day at the WSOP.

So what that turns out to be 3k after his backer right?

Time to hit the Roulette table.
  • Depending on their deal yes. But remember he has committed to using 75% of earnings towards debts, so he gets to keep less than 1k.

$3,000 wouldn't even get him started in a $25/$50 PLO, maybe a $10/$25 and that's where Booth does his best work.

Long ways to go...
  • I don't even think he gets that? He may even have to pay 100k back before he sees a penny plus Is there even 100k in mtts left for him to play unless he hits the 50k, wtf?
  • jontm wrote: »
    Depending on their deal yes. But remember he has committed to using 75% of earnings towards debts, so he gets to keep less than 1k.

$3,000 wouldn't even get him started in a $25/$50 PLO, maybe a $10/$25 and that's where Booth does his best work.

Long ways to go...

Right, Right... but then at this point are you going to take him at his word?

How much does he actually owe?
  • Not to get slamming, least he is making some sort of effort to fix his name from being brought through the mud by 2+2, they are hopeless.

None the less, some people have tough times, I hope the worst is behind him.
    He has not turned up dead yet!
  • I hope he makes the November 9 this year.
  • I hope he makes the November 9 this year.

That would be interesting.
    I don't even think he gets that? He may even have to pay 100k back before he sees a penny plus Is there even 100k in mtts left for him to play unless he hits the 50k, wtf?

True, but maybe it's just a 100k bankroll and he can play cash as well as MTTs.

He definetly stands a better chance of racking up big numbers in the PLO or DC games.

You've seen/played the $25/50, provided his backer lets him sit those, his 500k goal in video becomes a bit more realistic.

100k a week is not uncommon if these guys get on heater.

Or.....it goes fast. I hope he plays a few of the PLO events and ME, the rest would be better use put to use on cash.

Great player, he's had MTT success, but definetly not a favorite in these fields and Guys will be looking to tilt him for sure.

HU also one of best, not sure if any left on schedule.
  • Any update on this guy?

I notice his videos are private now.
  • I hope he recovers from all this, Good luck Brad!
  • lol so.. I play a freeroll once a week and on Saturday there is a satty for the WSOPC main event... apparently Mr. Booth may show up on Monday.

...where did he get the 50 bucks?
  • [x] your mom.
    [x] it's 1 big blind in the games he plays
    [ ] funny
  • Be nice pickle puss.
  • jontm wrote: »
    [x] it's 1 big blind in the games he plays

[x] pointing out the problem