RC XII free agent thread

If you don't currently have a team and would like to play, please post here including if you prefer Stud or PLO...

Please do not post random stuff here, use the discussion thread.

Free Agents:

tb17

ofheartandcity (Rosa)

Karen (Milo's wife)

djgolfcan (Devon) - Picked up by HBK

hiphopopotamus (Will) - Picked up by Rocks

HitmenZ24 (Jeremy) - Picked up by Loose Moose

TheMill

beanie 42 (Trevor)

Jenn (Trev's wife)

Hobbes (Ron)

Comments

• I'll go first and will play either game, prolly better in PLO though
  • Bumping for activity...
  • compuease wrote: »
    If you don't currently have a team and would like to play, please post here including if you prefer Stud or PLO...

Please do not post random stuff here, use the discussion thread.

Is there a euchre component?
  • Is there a euchre component?

Read the thread and keep on topic.. :)

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f24/royal-cup-poker-brief-definition-22052/
  • Hi there,

My name is Rosa and I'm looking for a team to join for the RC in October. I attended the last event in support of my boyfriend and friends, but their roster is full so I can't join them in October.

I've been playing poker on and off for approximately 6 years and more seriously (strategically) so in the past 2 years.

Some of the people I know from this website are bankitdrew (Andrew), g2money (Greg) and Tammi (not sure of her username). They can vouch me.

I'm not very familiar with Stud or PLO, but I've played more PLO than Stud. I play a mean game of NLHE, though! Let me know if you've got a spot for me.

Thanks in advance,
    Rosa
  • Hi there,

My name is Rosa and I'm looking for a team to join for the RC in October. I attended the last event in support of my boyfriend and friends, but their roster is full so I can't join them in October.
    Rosa
    Hang in there Rosa I'm sure we'll find you a spot.. Is this Tammi's team that you are referring to?
  • Yes, the Grinders team.
  • My wife Karen is available. she wanted to play last ime out as well, but could not find a slot.
  • FYI, at the moment we only have 6 teams, room for 8 or possibly 9 so if we get enough free agents perhaps create an additional team?
  • As per usual, my last RC team has unceremonously turfed me. I am going to start to take this personal. :)

Let's hope the free agents can make up a team. If so, I volunteer my services as Captain.
  • Please disregard the above post. After lenghty contract talks, I have been picked up by another team.
  • wish i could join this

royal cup always seems like alot of fun
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Please disregard the above post. After lenghty contract talks, I have been picked up by another team.

I was privy to the negotiations.

Other Team: You want to play?
    dj: HELLZ YA!!!
    Other Team: Just don't embarrass us.
    dj: hmmmmmm
    dj: OK
    Other Team: Welcome aboard.
  • Hobbes wrote: »

Bwahaha

SO off on this one. HBK picked him up, there's NOTHING he could do to embarrass us!

Mark
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    As per usual, my last RC team has unceremonously turfed me. I am going to start to take this personal. :)

Let's hope the free agents can make up a team. If so, I volunteer my services as Captain.

Please don't take this as "turfed".. if the "original" members can make it, I always try to give them their spots. Your playing for KITWho? was greatly appreciated.

As Hobbes hasn't confirmed his spot...I may still be looking for 1...
  • Will confirm next week
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    Please don't take this as "turfed".. if the "original" members can make it, I always try to give them their spots. Your playing for KITWho? was greatly appreciated.

Just having fun. I realize that I was playing in the last two teams because an original member couldn't make it.

ummm, the odds that my Captain keeps his trousers on for the RC are currently 3:1 against. I doubt I can embarrass them.
  • Off work that weekend now. Looking for a team. Prefer PLO but will play stud poorly.
  • Hi there,

I've been playing poker on and off for approximately 6 years and more seriously (strategically) so in the past 2 years.

Some of the people I know from this website are bankitdrew (Andrew), g2money (Greg) and Tammi (not sure of her username). They can vouch me.

I'm not very familiar with Stud or PLO, but I've played more PLO than Stud. I play a mean game of NLHE, though! Let me know if you've got a spot for me.

Thanks in advance,
    Rosa

I WILL vouch for Rosa, she is a solid, methodical player and if the roster wasn't full on Grinders, we would have snapped her up already.

She also has the benefit of hanging out with several very talented poker players, not the least of which is her main squeeze!

Rosa: do you want to captain a team against your boyfriend or would you end up poaching all my players???
  • My name is Jeremy and I looking to join a team for this event.

Currently playing at Ching Hill and have played some Orangeville Poker Tour events as well

Would prefer to play Stud, but will learn Omaha if needed.

Thanks
  • HitmenZ24 wrote: »
    My name is Jeremy and I looking to join a team for this event.

Currently playing at Ching Hill and have played some Orangeville Poker Tour events as well

Thanks

Solid player. Will make a great addition to any team. Might snag him myself if I don't hear back from a couple soon.
  • HitmenZ24 wrote: »
    My name is Jeremy and I looking to join a team for this event.

Thanks

pm sent.
  • PM replied.
    moose wrote: »
    pm sent.
  • looking for a team..omaha preferred
  • Updated op post with status of free agents. If anyone has any corrections please let me know.. Think we have 4 available at the moment... Love to see the demand for spots... We may need a bigger location for next time..
  • Yes I was picked up by Loose Moose.

This will be my first Royal!
  • Our kids have a cross-country race the morning of the RC, so Jenn and I are likely going to be about an hour late to the event. If any other teams have an opening and are willing to take a chance on one or both of us despite that, we're now homeless but eager to play (and one of us is a former RC MVP...), so just PM me.
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    Our kids have a cross-country race the morning of the RC, so Jenn and I are likely going to be about an hour late to the event. If any other teams have an opening and are willing to take a chance on one or both of us despite that, we're now homeless but eager to play (and one of us is a former RC MVP...), so just PM me.
    Hmm, Royal 1 as I recall... When it was called the Ryder actually.... Seriously though Trevor and Jenn are both solid players for anyone who needs help...

Perhaps we may do a 9th team? ?

For those of you who want to play and aren't on here real often, suggest you pm me your email address so I can get hold of you quick if we get something going or need a fill in last minute.