Won TFC vs Liverpool tickets from Radio

My daughter always asks me to call into radio stations to win something. Yesterday I called in and won TFC vs Liverpool tickets ( I guess nobody called in for TFC and I was caller 13). To bad it wasn't great concert tickets or cash. This led me to think it must be hard to win. I know every other time I called it was a busy signal. Has anyone else won something from the radio?

Comments

• Back in the day I had a phone at work that had two separate phone lines. I would speed dial with both lines and I could automatically get through to a radio station. So if it was the 20th caller, i would be the 18th, 15th, 13th, etc. Won endless concert tickets. They got so sick of me winning, I had to use different friends names.
  • Yeah seems like work likes from big companies seem to push through.

Our place banned call in contests and would check phone logs. One month I think 6 people from my department won trips, cash, concert tickets.

It really wasn't a matter of if we were going to win, it was a matter of who. Almost like a contest in the department forgetting all the 1000s outside.

Pokerjah, get on beat the bank already lol.
  • I won tickets to Rocky Horror Picture show when I was a student. Happily I went down to the radio station to pick up my tix and then found out they were to a drive-in and I had no car. :(
  • Won a few things from T.O. stations. Problem is the Promo depts. insist you pick them up during their business hours, and don't even think about having someone downtown get them FOR you. Most times I have won, I just tell them to keep it. For something like the tix you describe, I would make the effort, though.
  • because the other side of the game is Liverpool the tickets actually sold pretty fast.

Same situation as Jah, had a double work line where I could get a call every second out. One year my colleagues and I took down over 5k in Beat The Bank cash, A trip to the carribean, north of a dozen concerts, an iPod and a few other things I can't remember.

My new office has IP phones and are slower than molasses through a frozen sieve. So I've had to retire from call in shows.

at least I don't have to listen to music that makes me want to slit my wrists anymore. That was the hardest part. I think if I ever see Michael bubble I'm going to hit him. Then go out for a beer as he seems like a nice guy when he isn't singing.