Stars Timed Tourneys

Best way to maximize your profits in these, IMO.

moose-albums-moose-picture187-stars-5-90-min-tourney-winner.jpg

Comments

• thats sick lol

im 1/1 life time in timed mtt's not playing them anymore lol
  • i haven't really tried these yet. played one and cashed but it was only a 15 minute one. not sure how i feel about them yet.
  • trigs wrote: »
    i haven't really tried these yet. played one and cashed but it was only a 15 minute one. not sure how i feel about them yet.

Play like Hyperturbo?
  • I think they're pretty pointless. Sure, if I could start 9 of them at once and have them run for 90 minutes I might like it but there aren't enough of them to do that
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Play like Hyperturbo?

yeah, pretty much.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I think they're pretty pointless. Sure, if I could start 9 of them at once and have them run for 90 minutes I might like it but there aren't enough of them to do that

that's a good point. would be interesting if stars had timed SNGs in this format.
  • Sngs are pretty short. I play a lot of the timed tourneys because I know when they will be done. For example, that one above ends at 11:15 pm (plus breaks).

Usually once a final table is reached people play tighter than a nun's cunt because they know they are in for a decent ROI. We got to 4 handed though in the final level and in about 7 hands I took out the remaining players. Even heads up I had the guy 80k to 20k, so all he had to do was delay and fold for about 3 more minutes and he is taking down 20% of the pool. I even tried to demonstrate I was willing to fold the small blind back and forth but he kept raising me so whatever, I 3 bet him with JJ and he folded, next time in the sb he raises me again and I 3 bet with AK, he shoves his A crap and game over. Winner take all. Whee.

I can usually cash these but yeah the 15 min ones are a little more of a crap shoot. I think those, you start with 1500 chips and 50/100 blinds or something like that.