Comments

• Odds on whether or not there was a prop bet involved? GG Slim . . .
  • Gg r.i.p
  • Damn, another one of my buddies gone...:(
  • Before "Rounders" and Chris Moneymaker ...

I first learned about Texas Holdem by reading his book. "Play Poker to Win"

The poker advice in the book is not up to date, (It was written in the 70's), but the stories in it are fabulous!

The book is a must read for all poker players.

He was the first poker player to cross over into the mainstream. He was on Johnny Carson eleven times.
  • wait, i knew his name was familiar

wasnt he a child molester? didnt doyle speak out about him?

hm...
  • costanza wrote: »
    wait, i knew his name was familiar

hm...

Doyle used to be partners with him, playing poker with the same bankroll, and they split the profits. There was another player with them, but his name escapes me.
  • Brian "Sailor" Roberts. How's the cat Costanza?
  • Pretty sure there are lots of people that are happy he's dead
  • That's what we love about you GTA . . . always the tactful little bits of gracious commentary.
  • Is he / who's the guy with the saying on the side of his motorhome

"I will play any game at any stake..." blah blah blah "As long as I like it"

Mark
  • mark ur thinking of puggy pearson i think
    wait, i knew his name was familiar

hm...

he was indicted on charges of indecency with a 12 year old and paid out the defend in a plea bargain to "protect his family" all the while claiming his innocence.
  • trigs wrote: »
    he was indicted on charges of indecency with a 12 year old and paid out the defend in a plea bargain to "protect his family" all the while claiming his innocence.

I did read an article that his family wrote an affidavit swearing that he was innocent. It was in a Poker News article, written in 2009. The reporter states he saw the documents.
    mark ur thinking of puggy pearson i think

That sounds right.
  • "I will play any man from any land, any game that he can name, for any amount that he can count . . . (followed in much smaller print) provided I like the action."

Walter Clyde "Puggy" Pearson.
  • After hearing the latest 2+2 podcast and a few articles about this guy, I'm amazed he was the "ambassador" of the game way back in the day. He was quite the character, in a bad way. On the podcast they brought on his agent, and mike sexton and even they told stories that made this "legend" just sound like a degenerate, delusional, lying idiot. Also, he was WSOP ME champ in '72 and it was fixed for tax reasons, Doyle and puggy didn't want the title lol

Also, the child molestation allegations were all true from what I read, what a douchebag.

not gg and no rip, any child molester is a pos IMO. No exceptions.
    :bs:
  • *sigh*