2+2 Hacked & Passwords Compromised!

"04/26/2012 2:13pm ET: Forums closed for maintenance

On April 26th at approximately 11:20 AM pacific time, the Two Plus Two Forums were closed as a result of a hacker who has displayed the ability to access e-mail addresses and encrypted passwords. He also indicated the ability to decrypt passwords.

While it is unclear the extent of data to which he gained access, e-mail addresses and passwords on the Two Plus Two forums should be considered compromised. If you have used your 2+2 password on any other site, you are advised to change it.

For your security we are closing the forums until the breach is patched.

We hope to be back up as soon as possible.
"

You mean I shouldn't have used the same password in all the banking sites?? ;)

Comments

• They've been getting hit hard by hackers lately.
  • ha ha......I used the same p/w here, 4 & PTP.......oops, had to change a couple
  • Worse than I thought. They have gotten the salt for the passwords.

NoahSD's Awesome Poker Blog
  • I've tried so many passwords at 4 and can't login. I believe the policy at PFC is 5 tries and there's a lockout. I thought my id could be locked out by hand and then later I'd change the password when it was all clear. I've tried about 15 times to login and no self imposed lockout.
  • Thank goodness we here at PFC are up to date on all this security stuff.. ;)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Thank goodness we here at PFC are up to date on all this security stuff.. ;)

Shameless brag. Your knowledge of the computer stuff is always appreciated Sir.
  • Shameless brag. Your knowledge of the computer stuff is always appreciated Sir.

lol, actually it was toungue in cheek.... I have no access to security around here...At least by normal means...>:D
  • Still down.....not sure what I'm gonna do without my FTP updates
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Still down.....not sure what I'm gonna do without my FTP updates

Twitter?
  • Update for April 27th

Given that this happened in spite of having applied all current security patches from the companies that provide our forum software, we are in the process of employing additional security experts to ensure that we are in compliance with the highest security measures possible.
    At this point in time we anticipate forum downtime to be within 4-6 days.
    During the forum outage, both the 2+2 Magazine and 2+2 PokerCast will be available. This includes the release of the next PokerCast episode and May issue of the magazine.
  • I always hoped somebody would burn the bridge the trolls live under one day, sending them an earthquake is somewhat satisfying though. Of cours the joke of the week is whether or not this black hat has been enlisted by Negreanu as pay back forthe ban hammer.

Comp, try not to crush any powerful (rich) people, I like this place ;p
  • jontm wrote: »
    Comp, try not to crush any powerful (rich) people, I like this place ;p

You are? ut oh...
    You are? ut oh...

No, no, I am a safe squash. But if D-Negs starts a thread on I series with affiliate links, best to look away
  • dammit, someone tried to log into my pw from the Netherlands, I thought I had changed it (I changed my email pw, stars, party, bank, etc but may have forgotten fb)...anyone else have this happen, who used 2p2?
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    dammit, someone tried to log into my pw from the Netherlands, I thought I had changed it (I changed my email pw, stars, party, bank, etc but may have forgotten fb)...anyone else have this happen, who used 2p2?

how did u know this?

i had an acct with 12 posts on there so im not to worried but even still.... I use my pw for alot of the same stuff, so im a little paranoid
  • facebook emailed me saying:
    "Your Facebook account was recently logged into from a computer, mobile device or other location you've never used before. For your protection, we've temporarily locked your account until you can review this activity and make sure no one is using your account without your permission.

Did you log into Facebook from a new device or an unusual location?

- If this was not you, please log into Facebook from your computer and follow the instructions provided to help you control your account information."

So I logged in and they basically show you a map of the location where the attempted login was made, and for me it was the Netherlands.
  • holy damn!

dat shit cray!
  • Less then 300 posts on 4. Saw this thread, immediately changed all passwords. Nothing to report.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    dammit, someone tried to log into my pw from the Netherlands, I thought I had changed it (I changed my email pw, stars, party, bank, etc but may have forgotten fb)...anyone else have this happen, who used 2p2?

didn't happen to me.......but had the same e-mail and password.....just changed, tks
  • Just had my ITunes/apple account locked down by them for security reasons. Same as my 2+2. Been changed and restored now.
  • Nothing really new. Just using the phone instead of a Secure Token for 2 factor authentication.
  • Update May 1st

After closer inspection, it’s now clear to us that the 2 + 2 Forums are more likely to come back to life next week rather than this week even though at this point in time we cannot give a definite date, and all efforts are being made to shorten the amount of downtime as much as possible. Mason will be on the next episode of the PokerCast (being recorded tonight) discussing this, and our May 2+2 Internet Magazine should be up before the weekend.
  • ty for update
  • Just saw on twitter that it's prob out til May 12.

With the amount of staking that goes on there, this must be killing those looking to get staked in SCOOP
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Just saw on twitter that it's prob out til May 12.

With the amount of staking that goes on there, this must be killing those looking to get staked in SCOOP

Wonder what they're doing all this time.. Must be rewriting the whole front end/interface, etc
    Wonder what they're doing all this time.. Must be rewriting the whole front end/interface, etc

Gentlemen we can rebuild him
    We have the technology
    We have the capability

hqdefault.jpg
  • Still only the second best Steve Austin in history.
  • its finally back up

I NEED FTP NEWS
  • I am getting a database error . . .