Royal Cup improvements thread

Comments

• DrTyore wrote: »
    Forcing stud on everyone would 100% cripple the numbers.
    +1
    DrTyore wrote: »
    Talking with beanie, he had a good idea. Instead of making it stud/Omaha round, make round one all PLO, and round two stud/LHE pair off for the Limit haters.
    Mark
    So make the limit haters play Stud? Hmm, don't think that will fly and also will cause the numbers to drop significantly...
  • Congrats to everyone for making XI a success. Venue was perfect.

Leave the games as is. For me, playing the games other than NLHE are what makes this interesting. Maybe make the PLO levels a little longer.

For an extra $2, how about a lottery/pool for first to bust limit and last to win it. Randomly assign or draw numbers between 17 and 80 representing the minutes that have passed since the start. If you have number 25 and the first to bust leaves at minute 25, you get half the pot. If the game goes past 80 minutes, number 80 wins the other half. Except you can't know your number until after the game ends.
  • I don't like stud, but there are players that do. Forcing it on everyone is definitely going to cut the numbers of players. LHE isn't my favourite game, but I'm willing to play it. Can't say the same for stud.

I like the structure of the day as is. Introducing a few more levels in PLO is a great idea.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
  • Leave the games the way they are...

The Omaha rounds will be extended (not add extra levels - there isn't a lot of room to move them).

Except the 1000/1500 round will be changed. :-p

Al
  • DataMn wrote: »
    Leave the games the way they are...

The Omaha rounds will be extended (not add extra levels - there isn't a lot of room to move them).

Except the 1000/1500 round will be changed. :-p

Al

Does that mean the blind levels will be longer?

I kind of liked the 1k/1.5k level. It added a lot of interesting action to the game. :o
  • holychow wrote: »
    Does that mean the blind levels will be longer?

Yes - extended = longer.
  • DataMn wrote: »
    Yes - extended = longer.

+1 to longer blind levels :D
  • With all this debate I would to say that the RC is great the way it is. I'm happy if no changes are made.

KEEP THE SAME VENUE!
  • Are we able to have a mixed game or would that be too confusing?

+1 to keeping the same venue
  • Are we able to have a mixed game or would that be too confusing?

Confusing? No . . . but how am I supposed to learn how to SUCK at four games at once?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Confusing? No . . . but how am I supposed to learn how to SUCK at four games at once?

I have faith in you. :D
  • Games as-is. Extend PLO blinds. 15 minute break for captains to complete HU match ups. Same venue.
  • TammiM68 wrote: »
    Games as-is. Extend PLO blinds. 15 minute break for captains to complete HU match ups. Same venue.

lol, nice summary, pretty sure this will be the end result...:)
  • Halloween stuff is out in the stores, so, can't be too early to revive this thread.

Venue still firm? Need anything? Changes?
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Instead of making it stud/Omaha round, make round one all PLO, and round two stud/LHE pair off for the Limit haters.

Mark

Been awhile since I've thought about the RC and the proposed changes.

I still like my idea of axing FL, but this is an interesting idea also.

Let's get this settled and the date set please!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Let's get this settled and the date set please!
    Been set for a while....

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f24/announcing-royal-cup-xii-oct-20th-2012-discussion-thread-same-venue-cambridge-28267/

Get your head out of the clouds...;)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Been set for a while

Get your head out of the clouds...;)

haha. You posted the confirmed date when I was away on the East Coast. So my head was in the fog, not the clouds.

(For you weather nerds out there, yes I know that clouds at ground level are called fog)
    haha. You posted the confirmed date when I was away on the East Coast. So my head was in the fog, not the clouds.

(For you weather nerds out there, yes I know that clouds at ground level are called fog)

So, you going to go for the "Hollywood" entrance and fly in to the venue? You could use one of the par 5s as a landing strip.
  • That would be sick! Not gonna happen though.
  • bumping for updates. Lets get any rules changes nailed down... Would like those who really understand the issues to post. We are not removing any of the disciplines at this point.. Only considering blind levels, when the captains make HU choices, etc...

Would consider JohnnieH making a grand entrance however....
    Personally I like the format the way it is, maybe add a level or two to give a little more play to the PLO? That way we would balance out the first round but not make the entire event any longer... Remember we used to not finish until almost 11? For the last 2 or 3 it has been done and outa there by 9. As an old guy I like that!

I would NOT like to see everyone forced to play Stud as that would cut the number of players significantly, I'm pretty sure.

As for the HU picks that we do as captains I sure do agree with us either delaying the start of our SNG until we are done, either by having a 15 min break, us just skipping the 1st level, or us running 1 level behind the rest. I kinda like the last one, similar to the way we did it this time.

Any other suggestions as to things we could do to improve? I know we have it pretty well refined by now but there is always room to improve... 6 sigma forever!

1. $10 total for MVP/high hand.

2. Total length of day is fine. Extend blinds for PLO to make matches closer in length to stud. Add 2 min per level?

3. HU picks done over a 15 min break scheduled in at start of NL, so people can see 'level 0' count down and start the round on time.
  • Keep same venue great location
  • I still really think the blinds in Limit need to be fixed.

My suggestion would be to eliminate 25/25 or 25/50 or whatever it starts at and play 2 levels of 50/100 and then progress.
  • Consensus really seems to be really make 3 changes, add 2 minutes to PLO levels, add $2 to the optional pot (now $10. total), 15 min break prior to NL round to allow captains to pick HU matches. If captains are all out of Limit this can start earlier and we may not need the break.

Now how did we split the $10. for side pots?

At this point I am not entertaining suggestions to remove any disciplines as there is no strong consensus.. I would be really concerned with doing anything that will make it any more difficult to get players or teams..

:) If anyone wants to have a stud tournament, be my guest and let me know how many players you get.

Now how did we split the $10. for side pots?

$2 per High Hand jackpot and $4 for the 50/50 MVP
    $2 per High Hand jackpot and $4 for the 50/50 MVP

But isn't there 4 high hand jackpots? limit, stud, plo, and nlh, that would make $12. Am I missing something?
    But isn't there 4 high hand jackpots? limit, stud, plo, and nlh, that would make $12. Am I missing something?

The money from Stud/PLO is split 2 ways. $2 for Stud/PLO, $2 for FL, $2 for Nl, and instead of $2 for MVP, it would be $4 for MVP

Or we could up it to $2.50 for each jackpot.
  • This. And FYP.
    JohnnieH wrote: »
    The money from Stud/PLO is split 2 ways. $2 for Stud/PLO, $2 for FL, $2 for Nl, and instead of $2 for MVP, it would be $4 for MVP

Or we could up it to $2.50 for each jackpot.
  • moose wrote: »
    This. And FYP.

Thanks, that's what I meant.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I still really think the blinds in Limit need to be fixed.

My suggestion would be to eliminate 25/25 or 25/50 or whatever it starts at and play 2 levels of 50/100 and then progress.

Simply calling every street of blinds of 50/100, with limits of 100/200, would commit 100+100+200+200 = 600 in chips or 600/5000 = 12% of your starting stack. Nothing like playing a tournament where you are at the felt in 8 hands or less and that is just while we play the first two levels and without any raising.

I know you hate limit but trying to get the tourney heads up within the first 4 levels of the game so that you can sit at the bar while the two players who luckboxed their way to headsup is not a good suggestion.