Options

happy april 20th tho

happy 420 tho

^-^

Comments

• Am I the only one that hates this day?

I hate that it's become a "thing". I hate that it's advocating cannabis use. I know some of you all use it, and I'm not looking into getting into the whole "Well it's less harmful than / should be legal because / etc".

I work with kids in trouble with the law. They have to do a group I run or they go to jail. Know how many showed up today? None. This common? Yup. It's a bad message, and it's a bad "holiday". There's a head shop down the street from us "Crazy Bill's". I hate that this guy is able to sell drug paraphernalia not a block away from the most frequent drug deal location in town (Bus Terminal).

I've never been a fan of the "drug culture" scene. I didn't like Cheech and Chong / Harold and Kumar / How High etc etc etc. It's beyond ridiculous to me.

Mark
  • ........poor kids
  • I actually agree with Mark

I hate that it has become such a big deal to most.

If you do it, fine, Have I done it, sure, but if you smoked it yesterday, and will smoke it tomorrow, then really today is just another Friday
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    I actually agree with Mark

I hate that it has become such a big deal to most.

+1 kinda. I don't hate it so much as think it's becoming lame.

Never smoked, never will. I will advise my kids against it but won't flip out when they do. Live and let live but the whole 4:20 thing is just weak imo.
  • I just get pissed because it's only "4/20" in the good old US of A. Here it is "20/4" as Canada, along with most of the world, dates things by dd/mm/yyyy.

Also, I think it is kind of funny how Mark reacts to this given his usual state at the Royal Cup.
  • Milo wrote: »
    I just get pissed because it's only "4/20" in the good old US of A. Here it is "20/4" as Canada, along with most of the world, dates things by dd/mm/yyyy.

Also, I think it is kind of funny how Mark reacts to this given his usual state at the Royal Cup.

The second I saw Milo had posted, I knew it was going to be some insipid attempt at wit.

But hey, keep taking potshots at me big fella ;)

Mark
  • Not wit at all, just pointing out the irony . . . well, ironic to me, anyway. They have creams for that butt-hurt, y'know.
  • I was going to make a post ..... but then I got high
  • Which is to be followed by:

421.jpg
    photo.php?fbid=10150676655380723&set=a.424632475722.201315.615635722&type=1&ref=nf
  • Milo wrote: »
    I just get pissed because it's only "4/20" in the good old US of A. Here it is "20/4" as Canada, along with most of the world, dates things by dd/mm/yyyy.

Really? Maybe in your town Milo. Everywhere I've lived, it's month, day, year. Could be due to living in border towns and high tourist areas possibly. It's how it was taught in school, though, too.
  • I guess Ill give my 2 cents on ths day

Im what i guess u would call a "casual smoker". back when i was younger i smoked very hard, like a half quarter (eighth) + a day

got this inked on my chest lol

michael6.jpg

nowadays im a "casual" smoker, some nights ill hoot like a half a pinner or puff a small bowl if I dont feel like having a couple drinks to "release" at the end of a stressful day (or session) lol. I toke maybe once or twice a month and get completely wrecked off of a couple hoots

I dont have a problem with it per se but I still wont let buddies toke in my house or my truck.

As far as this holiday goes, I think it's pretty dumb lol, any hardcore toker will tell you "every single day is 420" so why there is a singled out day and pot heads go out of their way to celebrate it is really wack and I make fun of them (yes, im a bully)

all this being said, happy 420 to the pot smokers out there, and happy april 20th to those that don't. i don't care for the holiday, but I don't hate it either.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Which is to be followed by:

421.jpg
    photo.php?fbid=10150676655380723&set=a.424632475722.201315.615635722&type=1&ref=nf
    lol
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Am I the only one that hates this day?

I hate that it's become a "thing". I hate that it's advocating cannabis use. I know some of you all use it, and I'm not looking into getting into the whole "Well it's less harmful than / should be legal because / etc".

I work with kids in trouble with the law. They have to do a group I run or they go to jail. Know how many showed up today? None. This common? Yup. It's a bad message, and it's a bad "holiday". There's a head shop down the street from us "Crazy Bill's". I hate that this guy is able to sell drug paraphernalia not a block away from the most frequent drug deal location in town (Bus Terminal).

I've never been a fan of the "drug culture" scene. I didn't like Cheech and Chong / Harold and Kumar / How High etc etc etc. It's beyond ridiculous to me.

Mark

man, you get a day off and you still complain.
  • I got a kick out of it when the IMAX theater in Vancouver finally decided to change the late afternoon start time of their movies from 4:20 to 4:25.

People kept stealing the outdoor sign saying "Next show at 4:20".
  • My thoughts on 4/20 as a "holiday":

Yes, I smoke up occasionally. Probably on the order of about once a month, if you averaged it out. Yeah, I got nicely stoned yesterday.

Some people (especially kids) see 4/20 as a full day of getting absolutely ripped, doing gigantic bong hits, and smoking as much weed as humanly possible through as many ridiculous methods as possible. I think this is stupid, but I also think people getting plastered all through St. Patrick's Day by drinking as much green beer and Irish liquor as humanly possible is equally stupid. Let's face it, St. Patrick's day is these days seen as a huge drunkfest, any actual celebration of the reason behind the day is out the window for most revellers.

Don't get me wrong, I've been part of both types of celebrations before, working my way through a stupid amount of weed in a sparsely-furnished apartment, and also running up huge bar tabs over the course of 10 hours or more. But save for the sheer amount I consumed those days, I can't say that I've ever had a great, memorable time during those "holidays". They're celebrating consumption for the sake of saying you did it.

Yesterday I decided to celebrate by having a few, getting together with my stoner friends who are still in town and playing bocce in a park. I also went through my contact list and recounted to each my favourite memory of getting high with them (if I had). It was a great day of remembering great times, having a good time and generally enjoying life.

In short: I think if everyone got past the idea of consumption for consumption's sake and really thought about what they were celebrating, the day would be a lot better.

/hippie
  • If we're going to have holidays based on pure consumption, please let me know when Cookie Day is.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    If we're going to have holidays based on pure consumption, please let me know when Cookie Day is.

I just had a Cookie Day yesterday. Had a couple with lunch, bought some fancy ones that were on sale, a few different kinds. Sat down at home with a nice tall glass of cold milk, enjoyed a couple each of a few different kinds. Really savoured each one. I didn't get 2 family packs and just mow right through them.

That's 4/23 (Cookie Day) done right.