Adventures of a new laptop

So had to go buy a new laptop, wanted to wait till next month but my ole laptop was starting to act funny and overheat, it is 4 years old.

So without needing a fancy laptop went to walmart, picked up a 17.3 inch that was on sale, 6gb memory, 500gb hard drive.

Get home turn it on and what do you know, it don't work!:mad: The manufacturer did not install the operating system on that particular laptop!:o

Like are you fucking kidding me, go back to walmart and exchange it for another one and so far it works.

Just trying to get use to windows 7 and the options and such, get poker sites downloaded and poker software downloaded and all the other crap I had on my ole laptop.

Fun fun fun! NOT.:D

P.M.'d my bap peeps as I may reorganize a new bap once I get everything set up and use to the laptop.

Edit:

Have a laptop cooling pad, the usb cord just caught on fire:o.

Comments

• philliivey wrote: »

Edit:

Have a laptop cooling pad, the usb cord just caught on fire:o.

where was the cooling pad purchased?
  • Cooling pad? Please explain. I use my laptop a LOT . . . is this something that is common, or is it more with non-brand type gear?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Cooling pad? Please explain. I use my laptop a LOT . . . is this something that is common, or is it more with non-brand type gear?

I'll take a stab and others can amplify. I haven't used one but almost did. One of my old Dells from work had the overheating symptom and a cooling pad can relieve it. I think overheating will manifest eventually even on brand laptops, unless they suffer a different fate after a particularly bad online downswing or unless perhaps its a high end rig like Alienware.
  • Or some of the AMD processors.... A defective or plugged cooling fan would also have the same effect.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Cooling pad? Please explain. I use my laptop a LOT . . . is this something that is common, or is it more with non-brand type gear?

cooling pads vary in price from around $20 and up. they can plug into your USB ports and run extra fans to cool your laptop. you just kind of sit your laptop on top of them. i definitely recommend ones that are softer on the bottom if you're going to be having your laptop literally on your lap (because hard plastic ones are not comfortable).
  • I hear cooling pads can make you, literally, crazy...

...cwatidone
    P.M.'d my bap peeps as I may reorganize a new bap once I get everything set up and use to the laptop.
    images-7.jpg
    spock_fascinating.jpg
  • So start up is under a minute!:o Which is way better than the 30 minutes it took for my last laptop.

But I don't have a bunch of stuff installed on here like my DJ stuff.

Don't like the mouse pad but I have a seperate mouse so no big deal.

Resolution is 1600x900 windows 7, will this have a impact on playing poker in anyway?

Resolution is 1600x900 windows 7, will this have a impact on playing poker in anyway?

Not likely......

#ucwatIdidthere
  • Oh ya like the speakers in this thing, sound's good.

Don't ask what speakers they are, I have no clue:wink2:.

Tested out stars and table ninja, so far so good.

Have both hm1 and hm2 downloaded, I don't think I will try and move database onto this laptop ( not now anyway), it looks too confusing and too much work, so a fresh start I guess.
    will this have a impact on not playing poker in anyway?

images-7.jpg
  • If you mean multitabling than yes, I like how you just have to hover over the icon in taskbar and that screen will come up.