Port Dover Friday the 13th

Who here rides a motorcycle? Looking to see if we can get a PFC group together for Port Dover this Friday the 13th

Comments

• I ride, but dover is a lil far away for me, I hear that dover is the nuts!
  • costanza wrote: »
    I ride, but dover is a lil far away for me, I hear that dover is the nuts!

What kind of bike do you ride?
    I ride, but dover is a lil far away for me, I hear that dover is the nuts!

Dover is the nuts, have been 4 times
  • I picked up a 1999 gsxr 750 srad during the winter

it needs some work but it runs fine
  • here are some pics

bike7.jpg

bike9.jpg

bike5.jpg

Ive seen pictures of dover on the 13th, its amazing how many ppl show up!
  • On a nice day, easily 50,000+

How do i post a picture?
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    On a nice day, easily 50,000+

How do i post a picture?

i uploaded pictures from my hard drive to photo bucket, u have to make an account if you dont already have one but it takes like 30 seconds

what kind of bike do u have?
  • this is what i ride, see below
  • wow you have an awesome bike, love the colour

i was clicking through some of the pics on the site and i stumbled across this gem

IMG_9013.JPG

lol
  • Thanks, It's a 2004 Vulcan Meanstreak 1600.

Dover is pretty nuts, one of the few places you'll see rival MC clubs all sitting around drinking together. Apparently all the MC clubs have a general understanding that no shit is to happen at PD. I've seen some pretty wild photos that don't make it on to the website :)
  • I picked up my entire bike for a couple K, your exhaust prolly costs that!

i love the way the intake filter is exposed on your bike, looks sick
  • I don't have those pipes on anymore, i put on Vance and Hines 3" double barrel shotguns two years ago. Bike is insanely loud, if you can't see me you can sure as hell hear me. :)
    I don't have those pipes on anymore, i put on Vance and Hines 3" double barrel shotguns two years ago. Bike is insanely loud, if you can't see me you can sure as hell hear me. :)

my ex step dad (lol) has a 1700 yamaha warrior wih V&H with the baffles out, and yeah those things are loud as hell!

bikevideoandpictures002.jpg

it was the first bike i ever rode, it only revved to ike 4.5K so my new bike is going to take some getting used to, im kinda nervous tbh, but i know with some experience ill be fine
  • Here is my bike

Bike.jpg
  • gorgeous ride steve

yoshimura CF slip on it looks like? what do u think of it?

Im trying to decide on that or two brothers
    gorgeous ride steve

yoshimura CF slip on it looks like? what do u think of it?

Im trying to decide on that or two brothers

It's actually been changed back to stock and I am thinking of getting a two brothers.

Just picked this bike up last week
  • So that's it? only 3 guys in this forum ride a bike?
  • Have my license . . . will not EVER ride one again. Enjoy the PD experience.
  • I got my M license the day after I turned 16 and drove exclusively motorcycle for half a year as I used it to attend Young Drivers Canada driving school (yeah, it even sounds fucked now). Haven't been on one in over 20 years and have no plans to ever again. My dad still borrows a bike to go down to Dover whenever he can.
  • I took my AZ license many years ago (have since let it lapse), used to ride a bike. My second night out in the rig I nearly killed someone in a Camaro. Accident was their fault, and they were charged, and I never heard anything more about it. But, afterwards, I remember thinking that, "if that idiot could not see me in a Kenworth tractor with a 48' trailer, how are the rest of the idiots going to see me on a little Honda. Motorcycle riding stopped then and there for me.
  • Awesome

womenbikejpeg.jpg?w=445&h=297
    So that's it? only 3 guys in this forum ride a bike?

thinking about buying an electronic scooter..don't think it will make it to Port Dover on one charge though.

No insurance, no licence, no gas charges, zero cool factor..oh well.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    thinking about buying an electronic scooter..don't think it will make it to Port Dover on one charge though.

No insurance, no licence, no gas charges, zero cool factor..oh well.

On the plus side, every driver on the road will HATE your guts for slowing down traffic, having NO license, insurance, even though it IS a motorized vehicle. Sorry, I hate those things, and the idiots with the chainsaw engines on their bikes are even worse.
  • Milo wrote: »
    On the plus side, every driver on the road will HATE your guts for slowing down traffic

who said anything about driving on the road. But then I have to deal with the seniors with their walkers and they can probably catch up to the scooter.

I would just use it in the neighborhood, no major roads.
  • Doesn't matter . . . those things are a lawsuit waiting to happen.

It just occured to me that you may be referencing the scooters that "seniors" use, a la the Seinfeld episode where George has one. Is that where you were going? Or ARE you talking about those so called e-bikes?
  • SteveKerr....that bike is awesome. I'd post a pic of my CBR125....but that would just be embarassing and silly :-[....and I'd be tied up and lynched at Dover....lol. Plus, with my M1 I'd have to leave before the sun went down.