Comments

• so sick
  • ya this was gross

when i watched it live and it hit the slope i swear to god i knew it was going in, its tough to explain

congrats to bubba tho, that shot on 10 in the playoff was un fuckin real

his crying after winning thing is getting old lol
  • Yeah, real old. Dude is in his late 20's and, with the possible exception of the US Open, just won the tournament that all golfers jizz themselves over, especially a good ol' boy with a name like Bubba. Yeah . . . tears are a little over the top.

Get stuffed.
  • Oosty's shot is awesome, but no doubt the shot of the tournament that didn't mean anything was this one......

Martin Kaymer hole in one with ball skipped across the water at 16 - 2012 Masters [Original HD] - YouTube

I was there Tuesday. Saw some close attempts but missed that classic by a day.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Yeah, real old. Dude is in his late 20's and, with the possible exception of the US Open, just won the tournament that all golfers jizz themselves over, especially a good ol' boy with a name like Bubba. Yeah . . . tears are a little over the top.

Get stuffed.

if you actually follow golf at all, and dont just watch major's, you would know that he cries after every win, this being his 4th, he's cried every single time.

his name has absolutely nothing to do with it at all, not sure why you made that pointless point and obviously winning the masters is a great accomplishment, I didnt say otherwise.
  • Mole, doesn't someone make that shot just about every year or two, during the practice rounds? I seem to recall having a debate with you about this when Vijay did it a few years back. Iirc, they have the hole location set specifically to encourage the pros to take a shot at it during practice so the patrons get a thrill. It is a great shot to see, but I think the aces during the tourney are more praise-worthy, coming as they do when the $$$ is on the line.
  • costanza wrote: »
    if you actually follow golf at all, and dont just watch major's, you would know that he cries after every win, this being his 4th, he's cried every single time.

his name has absolutely nothing to do with it at all, not sure why you made that pointless point and obviously winning the masters is a great accomplishment, I didnt say otherwise.

"Bubba" would indidcate he is from the South, thus the Masters might hold MORE importance for him than even the US Open would, so it is not a pointless bit of info. And no, I do not follow golf as religiously as I used to, but that is definitely an irrelevant point. So the guy wears his emotions on his sleeve, so what? I do not care one bit, and actually prefer that to the robotic stoicism of say Tiger.
    Mole, doesn't someone make that shot just about every year or two, during the practice rounds? I seem to recall having a debate with you about this when Vijay did it a few years back. Iirc, they have the hole location set specifically to encourage the pros to take a shot at it during practice so the patrons get a thrill. It is a great shot to see, but I think the aces during the tourney are more praise-worthy, coming as they do when the $$$ is on the line.

Vijay was the first to do it in 2009. You were wrong then and now. Making a traditional golf shot hole in one is infinitely "easier" than skipping it over water. Of course all hole in ones are 99.78625 luck. Also it's not like they position the hole in the middle of a 12 foot diameter funnel, they move pins around for every practice day. Tuesday it was back right, saw a couple come close but no closer than traditional air flying golf balls.

EDIT: There were two traditional hole in ones on 16 yesterday.
  • Thought there had been more of them (skippers). My mistake. As for skipping the ball across water, it is not that difficult a "trick" for the pros to master. I watched Dave Pelz demonstrate on the Golf Channel many years back. Were Sunday's aces back-to-back? Missed the show due to a family deal.
    Thought there had been more of them (skippers). My mistake. As for skipping the ball across water, it is not that difficult a "trick" for the pros to master. I watched Dave Pelz demonstrate on the Golf Channel many years back. Were Sunday's aces back-to-back? Missed the show due to a family deal.

It's not that hard to skip stones on water either, but would it be easier to skip a stone across 150 ft of water and hit a 6 inch target or throw it the entire distance?

As for Sundays aces I missed most of the early action myself but they weren't back to back. Bo Van Pelt made his on his way to shooting the low round of the day at 64 to finish T-17. Adam Scott used his to shoot 66 and get himself in the top ten finishing T-8 at 4 under.
  • Not arguing which is easier, only saying that the skip shot is not "that" difficult for the pros to accomplish, and trying it during the practice rounds is more about entertainment (and maybe the odd side bet) for these guys . . .
  • Great shot honestly, but if he had 1000 golf balls he probably wouldnt be able to get it IN THE HOLE again.
  • getem76 wrote: »
    great shot honestly, but if he had 10000 golf balls he probably wouldnt be able to get it in the hole again.

fyp.
  • AT 10k, the luck would balance out, he might get it, the wind picks up, slows down what have you....10k golf shots, first his arms would probably fall off, let alone he would sink into the earth from standing for I think I will be nice 166 hours, thats taking a shot a minute too.
  • if you think skipping a ball across water and holing it is easier than a traditional shot.. i shake my head at you.
  • Okay, no ace is "easy" . . . all I am saying is that the skipping the ball across the pond portion is not that big a trick for the pros to acquire. We have all (I am sure) done it by accident. Based on where they are hitting these shots from, it is obviously something the pros are trying on the reg, to show off for the patrons. Law of big numbers says some of them are going to drop, especially with the pin at the base of the back-stop. Still a cool trick shot, but I'll take the albatross, and the two aces during play. YMMV . . .