ugh FU zoom

Had a spare few mins just now so thought id play a bit of zoom. no different than any other poker...

PokerStars Zoom Hand #78241799187: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2012/04/02 20:35:08 ET
Table 'bltable.1241569484.1241943653' 6-max
Seat 1: ty134ty ($49.97 in chips)
Seat 2: Stratadamus ($43.40 in chips)
Seat 3: kaka2323 ($25.35 in chips)
Seat 4: Iceman031080 ($60.21 in chips)
Seat 5: Workforce55 ($73.15 in chips)
Seat 6: REEBS77 ($25 in chips)
Stratadamus: posts small blind $0.10
kaka2323: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to REEBS77 [8s 9s]
Iceman031080: folds
Workforce55: raises $0.37 to $0.62
REEBS77: calls $0.62
ty134ty: folds
Stratadamus: folds
kaka2323: folds
*** FLOP *** [8h 8c 2c]
Workforce55: bets $1.14
REEBS77: raises $2.28 to $3.42
Workforce55: calls $2.28
*** TURN *** [8h 8c 2c] [3h]
Workforce55: checks
REEBS77: bets $4.83
Workforce55: calls $4.83
*** RIVER *** [8h 8c 2c 3h]
Workforce55: checks
REEBS77: bets $16.13 and is all-in
Workforce55: calls $16.13
*** SHOW DOWN ***
REEBS77: shows [8s 9s] (three of a kind, Eights)
Workforce55: shows [Tc Ts] (a full house, Tens full of Eights)
Workforce55 collected $48.35 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $50.35 | Rake $2
Board [8h 8c 2c 3h Td]
Seat 1: ty134ty folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Stratadamus (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: kaka2323 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: Iceman031080 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Workforce55 showed [Tc Ts] and won ($48.35) with a full house, Tens full of Eights
Seat 6: REEBS77 showed [8s 9s] and lost with three of a kind, Eights

:bs:

Comments

• It's cool dude, it'll be better next timecustomsmile
  • I would of folded this hand pre in zoom.
  • RWPKRPLR wrote: »
    I would of folded this hand pre in zoom.

then you are doing it wrong
  • eeetee2011 wrote: »
    then you are doing it wrong

Why is it so wrong? Very curious.
    Why is it so wrong? Very curious.

With 100bb effective stakes I think it wrong to be folding 98s if you are then you are probably playing way to tight this isnt as bad in zoom as in other forms since less players know how tight you are playing but at the lower limits there is just to much value being lost with people never folding over pairs.

Are you folding 22 thru 55 cause these hands have similar implied odds as suited connectors.
  • you don't play suited connectors in cash games?
  • I do, but in zoom I play uber tight until I have some info... seems to be working out so far.
    I do, but in zoom I play uber tight until I have some info... seems to be working out so far.

I can't imagine zoom is much different than other cash games...if you play tight you will win, if you learn to play better with a wider range of hands you will win more
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I can't imagine zoom is much different than other cash games...if you play tight you will win, if you learn to play better with a wider range of hands you will win more

Every hand is like sitting down at a new table and playing the first hand against randoms. so most times when I step out of line, my stack dwindles.

Would you sit down in a game, play the first hand with suited connectors with no info?
  • If everyone is playing really nitty and expects everyone to play nitty, then suited connectors and 1 gappers are a great way to exploit those nits.
    Every hand is like sitting down at a new table and playing the first hand against randoms. so most times when I step out of line, my stack dwindles.

Would you sit down in a game, play the first hand with suited connectors with no info?
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    yes

cept raise with them....
  • compuease wrote: »
    cept raise with them....

WTF?? Comp, when did you turn to the LAG side?
  • Hmmm, something new to work on... Time to improve my unknown opp ranges to level 2...lol.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    WTF?? Comp, when did you turn to the LAG side?

Who would know...... ;) I would never show those...
  • Just thought of a new poker game to play: Mardi Gras Hold'em. Everyone has a beaded necklace at the start of play. If you want someone to show their cards, you have to give them the necklace. However, in mixed company, hot girls have to show cards and boobs. I mean, it's tradition.
  • Its quite the sapce to "get it in" as it were, more often than not people think you are robbing, come from strength I have noticed on my end anyway, a lot pays off.