Oh great Ban Hammer...ring in on Negreanu 2+2 Banning?

Just listened to him and a couple mods hash it out on a few week old episode of @pkrgssp on the topic and I think the mod was in right for dropping the 24 hour ban.

Negreanu kept basically saying that they had no way of knowing if he had intrest in Iseries and that if they had just taken the time to message him, he would have known better what was allowed. I think he is pretty damn smart guy IRL and deep down knew he was jumping the gun.

He had Recieved warning a few days prior. His response to not answering after he was told an agent could set up advertizing aka pay, though other things that he said certainly pointed to him thinking, well they kinda owe me one.

Shills and how to dodge mod detection were beaten to death and it was pretty much agreed on that if someone else had posted his blog that had the promotional material, it would have been fine. Obviously, having been in many similar situations with what I do, there is a balance, something else that was agreed on. Sometimtheir is almost unavoidable to start a good thread about a topic like a tournament or piece of news without plugging someone you may or may not have worked with in the past. Negreanu pointed out that he also discusses WSOP and WPT, without problems and they throw him comps here and there...

2p2 can be very robotic as Daniel said, too rigid, but I also agree they are dealing with a whole different cluster f*^k over there.

Westside and Compuease what are your thoughts? Would you have dropped the temporary ban? We have seen a few longstanding members get the penalty box, and most like they suggested, just use it as a cooling off period for both sides or time to sort out the grey areas together.

Really like to hear you guys weigh in

Comments

• Haven't read about it... Is there a link with a good synopsis? I don't want to spend a lot of time digging through dozens of threads...
    I am not a big fan of banning at all, cept for a**holes.. :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Haven't read about it... Is there a link with a good synopsis? I don't want to spend a lot of time digging through dozens of threads...
    I am not a big fan of banning at all, cept for a**holes.. :)

After first guest, actually mods and him talking

QuadJacks | “What am I, a child?” Daniel Negreanu speaks out against Two Plus Two on The PKRGSSP Show, followed by confrontations by mods Joe Tall and ProPoker | QuadJacks Poker Radio Network March 22 2012
  • I think Daniel is over reacting like crazy, this whole story is blown way out of proportion

"zomg I was banned, ohh noes!!!"

Getting banned isn't even that big a deal (lol well kinda), but u get a slap on the wrist and move on, for daniel to make a 20 minute long retarded video of him stating the same facts over and over and over was a bit too much.

He is probably loving every single second, because he has created such a shit storm that there is a ton of interest in Iseries now.

He clearly violated the TOS and got a 1 day ban, who really gives a fuck.
  • Cliffs

He posted a thread to introduce I series, promotional in nature and they fined him and pulled it.

A new thread started by someone else and he answered direct questions. They pulled it.

He did his normal weekly vlog, which ends up being posted always, which also started with I series promo and they pulled it and 24 hour banned him

He got a little pissed and it became a headline

They argue he stands to profit and they have advertising programs for that

He argues he is connected to everything in poker and they have no way of knowing that for sure, and his entire history at 2p2 should have been considered.

They argue if he hadn't had a reputation, he would have had a perma ban and as it stands, they wouldn't do it differently, even for him

His responses in thread answering questions were put back up
  • costanza wrote: »
    I think Daniel is over reacting like crazy, this whole story is blown way out of proportion

"zomg I was banned, ohh noes!!!"

Getting banned isn't even that big a deal (lol well kinda), but u get a slap on the wrist and move on, for daniel to make a 20 minute long retarded video of him stating the same facts over and over and over was a bit too much.

He is probably loving every single second, because he has created such a shit storm that there is a ton of interest in Iseries now.

He clearly violated the TOS and got a 1 day ban, who really gives a fuck.

Doubt u know what ur talking about.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Doubt u know what ur talking about.

I saw the blog vid if that means anything, and listened to the 2+2 podcast about it, so I guess u can say I'm well informed on the subject at hand.

My views expressed are my own
  • costanza wrote: »
    I saw the blog vid if that means anything, and listened to the 2+2 podcast about it, so I guess u can say I'm well informed on the subject at hand.

My views expressed are my own

I mean unless youve ever been banned before I doubt you should pipe in.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I mean unless youve ever been banned before I doubt you should pipe in.

lolll

note taken haha, sry for misunderstanding
  • It's a topic that actually really speaks to me...I was banned from 2p2 when I was new to Canadian forums, though I admined a USA one at time, we never banned either so was shocked as hell. I had posted about COPC 2009 and wound up talking to Skalansky about it and was basically told same thing as DN.

I learned though and going forward, always PMed admin first. Graham here. Never been banned anywhere since, but still worry at times. I have worked for CPT, Playground, PokerPro and many of their advertisers, still work for Canada Poker and helped design some of Players Poker Canada. Obviously those that are not approved or have affiliate links are blocked, so I use my judgement accordingly and very rarely link. The odd time I do, it's for lack of not wanting to type a whole story or copy paste property than has been sold

All this to say, I see where he is coming from and also the different attitudes. I find if Compuease thinks something is of legitimate interest to our members, its allowed but if it is blatant spam, not allowed. Tourneys...well, this is a poker forum soooo

But you look at bubbleprotection thread for example...it could be considered spam, but when they offered some entries for members, why pass it up? It does have value as a discussion too IMO, but ultimately not my decision to make.

I think it's a good contraversy from this stand point.
  • didn't even know Daniel plays poker anymorez
  • I got a temp ban on P5s for asking if the glowing review of Daniel's book was a "level". Negreanu's rants can be fun, but sometimes he acts like he is 6 yrs old, too. This is one of those times . . .
  • Daniel is definitely not afraid to state his opinion, just seems to me that lately he is becoming a caricature of himself, with what I would say is over the top ranting on most things that he has been talking about. Haven't seen lots of his vlogs but from the quotes i have heard, he is taking things too far.
  • Yeah just watched it see what you mean. Although this was kind of funny.

"You guys really suck at apologizing"
  • Daniel is definitely not afraid to state his opinion, just seems to me that lately he is becoming a caricature of himself, with what I would say is over the top ranting on most things that he has been talking about. Haven't seen lots of his vlogs but from the quotes i have heard, he is taking things too far.

Maybe he's auditioning to replace Don Cherry on HNIC?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Maybe he's auditioning to replace Don Cherry on HNIC?

I was going to say Phil Hellmuth. Tomato, tamato.
  • Phil Hellmuth is on HNIC?
  • Great, put the Leafs with Phil Hellmuth. That'd be just great. At least that way they'd put all the crap that I can't stand on TV at one time, as long as the Leafs were playing the Canadiens. By the way, have they decided on the prop bet for the first day of playing each other in their traditional second season rivalry? You know, the one on the links instead of in the rink :)